Customer Operations Executive - Salary negotiable up to £21k DOE
Our client, a successful & established freight forwarder is looking for a Customer Service Operations Executive to join their company. For the successful candidate this is an excellent opportunity to work in a fast paced freight environment. No two days are the same and you will be an integral part of this growing company.
The successful candidate for Customer Operations Executive will possess:
- Quote clients for correct size of vehicle/mode of transport required / time scale/ monitoring shipments etc (full training will be given)
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent negotiation skills with both clients and suppliers
- Experience using web based browsers and business networking sites
- Microsoft office
- Attention to detail in gathering correct and accurate information in order to
- Drive, an inquisitive nature and tenacious attitude are essential
Day to Day Customer Operations responsibilities will include:
- Negotiating with new and existing clients and suppliers to get the best price
- Liaising with drivers and subcontractors throughout the UK and Europe
- Administration / computer input for shipments
- Accurate recording of shipment price, supplier cost and individual job information
- Conversing with customers and taking down requirements for shipments, helping find solutions to move their express freight needs
- Finding freight solutions, dealing with suppliers, gaining quotes and information for different transport method
- Customer Service, Building and maintaining relationships, with new and existing clients, by telephone and email
- Visits to clients both UK and potentially European
- Monitoring shipments and informing customers of any changes
Working hours are on a shift basis between 7:30am - 6pm. Benefits include bonus scheme, company mobile phone and pension after qualifying period.
If you are interested in this role please apply for immediate consideration.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job