Key to the role is the link between operational and finance teams to drive the link between the operational performance and bad debt provision
- Design, plan, implement, deliver and monitor effectiveness of the effective credit risk strategies to ensure out performance of collection of water charges; cash collection and volumes of unbilled properties being bought into charge. This includes driving our social tariff strategy and working with the operation to ensure delivery
- Actively maintain knowledge of all regulatory/financial control responsibilities, relevant legislation and market innovation to ensure necessary operating standards; continuous excellence and maximised debt collection.
- Delivery against all Key Performance Indicators with particular focus on customer experience (supporting delivery of No 1 Customer Service ambition) and operational effectiveness against stretching budgets (excellence in P&L control and delivery)
- Monitor & control regulatory commitments to protect brand, reputation and licence to trade including proactive management of relevant risk registers with necessary focus on protection of customer data at all times (especially when dealing with external suppliers)
- Work with business owners to ensure strategy supports effective resource utilisation to ensure delivery across all business areas and channels. Create highly effective engagement and buy in to strategies through clear vision and expectations.
- Effective management of Key metrics to give transparent view of debt performance with relevant analysis / insight to identify focus areas and improvement strategies.
- Ensure credit collection strategy supports business complaint volume reduction goals through ethos of customer excellence
- Proactively transform the operating business through ongoing Industry benchmarking with continuous re set of expectations and performance bar with clear and effective business plans to drive customer centric outputs.
- Experience of running strategy teams in Credit Management.
- Extensive experience of working within the debt strategy teams / credit arena and having built and delivered relevant collection strategies
- Experience of dealing with household customers and a real understanding of customer needs
- Experience in influencing and building strong relationships quickly
- Experience in budget management and commercial analysis
- Strong communication, presentation skills with the ability to interact at all levels
- Proven ability to influence at executive level
- Ability to think objectively and create meaningful strategies with translation into practice and delivery
- Is innovative and has experience of a test and learn environment
- Highly developed analysis and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work in a demanding target driven environment
- Proven ability of delivering against stretching customer and efficiency goals during times of transformation
- Had strong line management skills to drive performance in both individual and teams
- Strong stakeholder management skills - experienced in upward engagement to both Finance and operational teams