Job Title: Copywriter
Location: Poole, Dorset
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and hardworking Copywriter to join our client's fast growing agency. The role holder will thrive in a busy environment, juggle deadlines and prioritise workload effectively while keeping a calm head.
The role covers production of 'copy' for four distinct areas; New Websites (New business / Existing Clients) Existing Website, Blogs/Articles for Clients and company material.
(New business) -
The sales team sell websites, and this includes a copywriting service. Different levels of copywriting can be purchased - so the copy may be just for some sections of the site or for the whole site. Some of these new clients may already have an existing website, some may not.
(Existing clients) -
A number of existing clients buy a 'redesign' of their existing site and may need the copy rewriting/reworking.
Existing websites -
The Search Engine Optimisation team identify sites that need their copy 'tweaking' on a regular basis. This may involve reworking specific pages, or on some occasions, the whole site.
Blogs/articles for clients -
Blogs/articles may need to be written for clients as part of the Premier and Social Media packages.
Company material -
Content for the website or for promotional literature etc. is required on a regular basis. Occasional articles/advertorials about the company may also need to be written for magazines etc.
The Copywriter is responsible for:
- Contacting the client to obtain a full brief and understanding of requirements.
- Writing grammatically correct, engaging copy to a standard required by the client.
- Checking everything is correct prior to forwarding to the client.
- Keeping the client informed about progress and chasing them for feedback.
- The request for copy will be passed over from the sales/SEO person via email (with relevant information attached) and updated on the ACT CRM system. They may also chat to the copywriter to provide more of a brief.
- A telephone appointment will be arranged so the copywriter can speak to the client to identify content requirements/tone etc.
- The copywriter will follow up this initial call by sending an email to the client - noting what has been discussed and requesting any more information that may be needed.
- You will produce a couple of draft pages (usually the Welcome page and a treatment page) and forward these to the client.
- Once approval has been received for these pages, production of the remainder of the content should be carried out and forwarded to the client to approve.
- Experience in a marketing role
- Good research skills
- Proven track record of writing copy
- Experience of dealing directly with clients
- An ability to write 'creatively'
- Ability to write about subjects that may be unfamiliar
- Excellent communication skills, both on the telephone and in writing
- An interest in digital marketing, the web and social media
- Ability to self-manage and motivate
- Able to use 'Windows' software, particularly 'Word'
- Excellent admin skills
- Team player
- Familiarity with ACT! Or other Customer Relationship Management software
- Experience working with Content Management Systems (CMS) in particular WordPress
- B2B experience
- A vibrant open plan office environment.
- Competitive salary - depending on experience / qualifications
- Up to 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Pension, Medical insurance, Income protection, Critical illness, Life assurance, Share option scheme etc.
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our full equal opportunities policy can be viewed here: http://equal-opportunities/
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job