Our client is a well-respected financial services organisation looking for a Compliance Associate to assist the Compliance Manager in the day-to-day running of the compliance activities
The role will focus on-
- SIPP client file audits
- Undertaking ongoing compliance
- Maintaining Terms of Business with Advisers and Investment Providers
- Dealing with requests and queries received from Regulatory and law enforcement authorities.
- Liaison with other Group offices.
- Maintaining compliance records.
- Providing compliance support to Management, Administration, Sales and Intermediary teams.
- Supporting the Compliance Manager to deliver Money Laundering, Data Protection and general compliance training to colleagues and contribute to an effective Compliance culture within the business.
- Executing assigned projects in line with the UK Compliance plan and on an ad hoc basis.
- Assist in the development and ongoing review of in-house controls and compliance policies and procedures, thereby ensuring operation within regulatory requirements.
- Support the Compliance Manager in monitoring regulatory updates and guidance from the FCA and support the team in providing concise and informative summaries to the business.
- Support the investigation of regulatory complaints in accordance with DISP and maintaining the complaints register.
- Maintain the breaches register and report accordingly.
- Assist in the client due diligence process and the recording of suspicious transactions.
- The ideal candidate will have proven experience within the UK Financial Services industry for at least 3 years, preferably with a Pensions provider.
- Awareness of compliance impacts on business, ideally gained within pensions sector
- Understanding of Client Money and Asset Rules
- Awareness of UK Pensions Compliance and the FCA handbook and associated regulations/legislation