As an Android Developer you’ll be working within cross-functional team of designers, developers and testers. Delivering across the entire app life cycle, from concept /design/ build/ deploy /test, right through to release to app stores and support.
Our aim is to enable intuitive and seamless digital customer and colleague experiences through innovative technology solutions. Based in London, you will work in our Mobility Hub which encompasses Creative, Product, Commercial, Analytics, Architecture & Development and QA functions. The Mobility Hub has been set up with the remit to shape the group wide strategy and deliver world class digital products for personalised and context aware consumer service across all touch points.
In 12 months, we have moved from a standing start to having a multi award winning app that has already had more than 1 million downloads, the TUI Digital Assistant (TDA), rolled out to over 8 countries across 6 different languages and being used by more than 150,000 customers every month. This is just the beginning - we are about to embark on a multi-year plan to see the evolution of our TDA from where it is today to being a feature-rich app the likes of which our industry has never seen, and that customers will never have experienced – this is where we need your help.
What you will be doing
As an Android Developer you will develop and extend the reach of our highly-rated existing applications, while helping to define the roadmap for future TUI apps. This will include collaborating with product owners and design colleagues to deliver inspirational travel apps, and continue to optimise their performance post release.
A key part of this role will be to develop and produce functional solutions with quality designs and code in accordance to architecture design standards, code standards and environment configuration management. You will also build prototypes at tech scoping stage of projects and create and maintain a robust technical framework to support the apps.
Within this role you will also create compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences across multiple brands with minimal duplication of effort. You will also seek continual improvements in delivery with the team to drive efficiency and productivity
What we are looking for
- Experience of Android development
- Practical knowledge of Android, the best practices and the ability to engage with the creative team to deliver pragmatic solutions balancing design, quality and velocity with UX/UI guidelines in mind
- You know what it takes to build a feature in hundreds of types of devices conquering device fragmentation
- Experience with mobile development issues related to performance optimisation, caching, security and native components / SDK's
- Proficient with commonly used open source/3rd party Android libraries
- You should have at least one app on Google Play Store
- Solid understanding of OOP principals and design
- Experience with Rest services
- Flair for clean code, reusability, testability and readability (SOLID, TDD)
- A highly flexible, adaptable and resilient personality, with the ability to work in an international team environment
Nice to have/done
- Experience with RxJava, Kotllin
- Open source contributions
- Android conference speaker
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related disciplines
Working within TUI group
TUI Groupis the world’s number one integrated tourism group. Covering the entire touristic value chain under one roof we employ 63,000 people in over 100 countries and offer 20 million customers comprehensive services in around 180 destinations worldwide.
Help make our customers smile and in return you will receive a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Please click on the link below, the application process consists of answering a few questions and uploading your CV
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job