Account Manager - Top global company - Newmarket
Our client, a top global company and a leader in their sector is looking for an experienced Account Manager to join their in Newmarket.
As a member of the internal Account Management team the prime function is to actively contribute to the growth of the business through developing a set of defined key accounts, working alongside the Account Managers. The successful candidate will be a professional salesperson who can demonstrate a career of consistent over achievement within a sales role.
This is primarily an office-based role with the main sales tool being the telephone. Occasional external meetings/seminars are appropriate but this is not a major aspect of the role.
- To meet profit targets on the sale of Internet/Intranet software and services.
- To maintain and grow the key accounts that you will be covering by being proactive and giving excellent account management.
- To take responsibility for self-development in both product knowledge and job competencies.
- Structured sales approach i.e. Mining information for the right contacts, building rapport with key people, cross-selling multiple products to an opportunity, building confidence and trust within the customer base.
- Strong desire to give excellent customer service i.e. resolving enquiries fully, swiftly and pleasantly.
- Keeping Customer information and Contacts accurate and up to date on all systems.
- Maintaining accurate forecasts by extracting information from systems.
- Understand customer requirements and work within time set and guidelines.
Skills and Experience Required
- Ideally at least 18 months experience in a Sales role within the IT industry.
- Ability to sell solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences, primarily over the telephone.
- Self-motivated with a hard working and proactive approach.
- Capable of learning technical concepts of the product portfolio (training will be given)
- Self-starter with outgoing personality but with an unselfish team player mentality.
- Ability to cope under pressure and prioritise work accordingly.
- Sound business acumen and ability to understand and interact with the customer.
- Competent in Word Processing and Spreadsheet packages.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting position please apply through the link.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job