Working with Lift Trucks Certificate
Many industries depend on lift trucks as they are extremely useful tools in moving heavy materials. Lift trucks (also known as forklifts) are essential to various lines of business. For those who begin working as a lift truck operator, they can go on to become worksite managers, supervisors and trainers. However, as good and as necessary as lift trucks are, they are large and dangerous pieces of equipment and must be handled properly and safely. If used without authorisation, they can result in fatalities. Not only do business owners and employers need to obtain lift truck licences, but site employees also need to be certified to handle such vehicles. Therefore, it is essential for employers to develop and implement training programmes tailored to the job itself. Workers should also look to obtain the proper form of basic training beforehand. This way employers can gauge the safety knowledge that a prospective employee has and can train accordingly.
To learn how to safely work with lift trucks, one should receive a rounded education. This should include learning about commonly used lift trucks, how to obtain the necessary training and what can happen if a lift truck is handled without experience. In this course:
You Will Learn
- The importance of knowing how to safely operate a lift truck
- About lift truck training programmes
- About commonly used lift trucks
- The dangers of operating a lift truck without authorisation
- About refresher courses and additional training programmes
Benefits Of Taking this Course
- Employers and site personnel will learn about the responsibilities of safely operating a lift truck and the hazards associated with poor handling
- Learn about safety standards and guidelines and worksite employees will learn how to find the right accredited programme
- Familiarisation of six commonly used lift trucks, what they are used for and what environments that can be driven in
- Employers and workers will learn how to avoid dangerous situations with examples of dangerous operation
- Staff and employers will learn why refresher courses are mandatory and how they can help in meeting safety guidelines
- Module 01: The Importance of Knowing How to Safely Operate a Lift Truck
- Module 02: Lift Truck Training Programmes
- Module 03: Commonly Used Lift Trucks
- Module 04: Dangers of Operating a Lift Truck Without Authorisation
- Module 05: Refresher Courses & Additional Training Programmes
Who is this course for?
There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds.
Our Course is fully compatible with PC’s, Mac’s, Laptop, Tablet and Smartphone devices. Now more than ever people are using the internet while on the move so our course has been designed to be fully compatible on tablets and smartphones so you can access your course on wifi, 3G or 4G.
There is no time limit for completing this course, it can be studied in your own time at your own pace.
All tests are online and are taken either during or after the course, these are included in the price.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.