Add to basket or enquire
When you ensure a child’s wellbeing at the earliest point, you’re giving them the best possible chance of being a confident, resilient adult.
Wellbeing links to emotional development and plays a fundamental role in building relationships and communicating with others. Learn about how early years settings can support wellbeing, factors that impact on wellbeing, wellbeing and the EYFS, and building self-confidence and self-awareness.
- You will understand what is meant by ‘wellbeing’ and ‘resilience’
- You will understand the importance of encouraging wellbeing in the early years
- You will know how to develop a child’s self-esteem
- You will be given recommendations for supporting the health and wellbeing of children in the early years, including the actions that should be taken by early years settings
Advantages of this course
- A mentally healthy child is one with a clear sense of identity and self-worth, the ability to recognise and manage emotions, to learn, play, enjoy friendships and relationships, and deal with difficulties. This course highlights the factors that impact on wellbeing, both positively and negatively, and how transitions can affect wellbeing.
- The presentation section of this course considers the key aspects of wellbeing – attachment, relationships, emotional security, health, and resilience. There is an additional presentation on developing self-esteem in children.
- In the Activity section of the course, you will be given an opportunity to react to scenarios, conduct your own research into how stress can affect children, and read more about mental health problems in early childhood.
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
After purchasing this course on Reed, a customer service representative from Laser Learning will email you with an access code and instructions on how to redeem it on the Laser Short Course website. You will need to register on the Laser Short Course website if you have not done so already.
If the purchase was made within business hours, you should expect your access code email within 1-2 hours. If your purchase was made outside of business hours, you should expect your access code email the next working day.
Who is this course for?
Early years practitioners working in a range of settings.
A computer, mobile, or tablet and an internet connection
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Mehak Adnan Ali asked:
Does this course includes certificate and CPD hours?
Hello Mehak, Thank you for your question. Once you have completed your course and successfully passed the multiple choice quiz you will be able to download and print a certificate, which is dated. You will always have access to this course once you have purchased, and you can go back in a view the material in the future and sit the quiz again and get an updated certificate, for no extra charge. This will count as valid CPD.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.