Ridgeway Training Limited
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
The International Transport Manager Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) in Road Haulage is 'the' industry recognised qualification and is essential for anyone looking for a career path in transport management.
The Transport Manager CPC is a level 3 qualification and is the minimum standard required for holding an Operator's Licence
Under EU regulations, the Transport Manager CPC is a legal requirement of the operator licensing system for both Standard National and International licences. Obtaining this qualification demonstrates the professional competence of the owner operator or transport manager responsible for the control of goods vehicles.
To gain this qualification, the candidate must pass the CPC examinations set out by OCR, which includes a multiple choice test and case study examination.
- Business and Company Law, Industrial Relations, Health and Safety, Financial Management, Commercial Conduct of the Business, Marketing, Organisation Charts, KPIs and Work Plans, Business Taxation.
- Operator Licensing, Drivers’ Hours and Records, Planned Preventive Maintenance, Vehicle Costing, Vehicle Taxation, Transport Ancillaries and Contracts of Carriage, Electronic Data, Weights and Dimensions of Vehicles and Loads, Safe Loading of Vehicles and Transit of Goods
- Mechanical Conditions – Plating and Testing, Mechanical Conditions – Fleet Inspections and Enforcement, Driver Licensing, Speed Limits and Traffic Regulations.
- Traffic Accident Procedure, Insurance, Vehicle Selection, Permits, Transit Systems, Frontier Crossings, International Transport Documentation
- Pre-course materials and notes, including past CPC mock exams
- Online live training via Zoom to ensure your confidence in passing the examinations, delivering higher pass rates than home study and other forms of CPC training
- 7 days of training delivered one day every two weeks, plus 2 revision days to prepare for exams
- Multiple choice and case study examinations fee's
- 7 hours Driver CPC (if applicable)
Why Ridgeway Training?
- Over 25 years industry knowledge and experience
- OCR approved centre for over 20 years'
- Outstanding levels of training with CPC pass rates 30% higher than the national average (56%)
- Training rooms with large interactive screens and voting software, fully engaging candidates and adding to the overall training experience.
- Quiet, rural location with excellent transport links nearby.
- We are also a FORS Associate and JAUPT approved Driver CPC training centre
Who is this course for?
Those who wish to apply for a Standard National or Standard International Operators Licence, hold the position of Transport Manager or as the next step in their transport career path.
Although there are no minimum entry qualifications, a basic knowledge of accounting procedures and road transport legislation is an advantage, but not essential.
The CPC qualification will provide you with the knowledge and an excellent understanding of transport legislation. This will enable you to apply for a position as a Transport Manager or for an operator's licence in order to operate your own transport business.
As a Transport Manager expected salaries would be in the region of £30 - £50K per year.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.