Add to basket or enquire
Pesticides and insecticides not only kill pests and insects. They are known to equally pose harm to humans, which is why it is important to administer pesticides and insecticides in a safe manner. If you are in the agricultural or public health industries or if you wish to simply learn about pesticide safety, this Diploma in Pesticide Safety – Level 3 might be the right program for you. Basing facts on examples, this course will continue to prove its quality by delving into all critical areas of pesticide safety.
This course aims to equip learners with the knowledge and skills needed to administer pesticides and insecticides in an effective manner and to take appropriate measures for its safe administration. You will learn the possible routes of exposure, the common types of pesticides and insecticides, pesticide terminology and imp methods.
After a brief introduction to the personal protective equipment, this course will direct you towards gaining an insight into the worker protection standard requirements. The course will also show you how to manage a situation of pesticide poisoning, making it all the more appealing to learners curious about it.
What is covered in this course?
- Learn about pesticides and insecticides
- Learn how pesticides or insecticides can enter our body and the routes of exposure
- Understand about pesticide used in production of agricultural plants
- Learn about common kinds of pesticides
- Learn about the methods and ways to handle pesticides and insecticides effectively
- Gain insight into worker protection standard requirements
- Learn about Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- Understand pesticide terminology
- Learn how to handle an emergency in case of pesticide poisoning
- Pesticide Alert
- Insecticide Safety Section
- Worker Protection Standard for Agricultural Pesticides
- Terms You Need to Know
- Pesticide Uses Involved in the Production of Agricultural Plants
- IPM Methods
- Pesticide Personal Protective Equipment
- Pesticide Adsorption
- General Pesticide and Herbicide First Aid Section
- Common Kinds of Pesticides and their Function
- Pesticide Components
- Antimicrobial Pesticides
- IPM Control Program for Ant Control
- Pesticides and Water Quality
- Exposure Control Measures
- Pesticide Formulations
- Handling a Pesticide Emergency
- Biocide First Aid
- Rodenticide Formulation Process
- Honey Bee Protection
- Rinsing Pesticide Containers
- Respiratory Protection Section
- Aerial Application Section
- Integrated Pest Management
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
In order to complete the Diploma in Pesticide Safety - Level 3 successfully, all students are required to complete a series of assignments. The completed assignments must be submitted via the online portal. Your instructor will review and evaluate your work and provide your feedback based on how well you have completed your assignments.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
Accredited body (Accreditation)
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
While the submission of your assignment is compulsory for you to get your ABC Awards accredited certification, you can also receive another CPD & iAP accredited, free e-certificate if you take a 20 multiple choice exam.
Who is this course for?
- Job seekers
- Other professionals related to agriculture
- Anyone willing to learn more about agricultural pesticides
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification at level 2 or above in any discipline.
- Farmers- £20,592 per annum
- Farm Workers - £19,615 per annum
- Farm Manager - £27,803 per annum
- Pest Control Technician - £18,743 per annum
- Agricultural Pest Controller
- Agricultural Pest Control Specialist
Other jobs you can get
- Pest Control Technician
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.