Add to basket or enquire
The ITIL Foundation course provides learners in-depth knowledge of the ITIL framework. It is an entry level course which can benefit individuals who have an interest to work in IT service management. It is a comprehensive course which allows learners to complete their Foundation exam and develop their skills and knowledge aligned with IT service management goals and future innovations. The core objective of the Foundation course is to use service management to contribute to ongoing service improvements within an organisation.
The ITIL Foundation course will discuss how ITIL can be used to enhance ITSM (IT service management) within an organisation and an understanding of the key elements, concepts and terminology used in ITIL service lifecycle.
Learn how to use IT resources effectively and efficiently within an enterprise with the ITIL Foundation course. Once learners have earned their ITIL Foundation certificate they can progress to ITIL Intermediate courses or the ITIL Practitioner course. The ITIL framework is a widely accepted approach that delivers business value and understands functions and roles of IT service management. The course is globally recognised and accredited to a training organisation and you will be issued an internationally recognised qualification following full completion of the ITIL Foundation course.
- Gain an understanding of the basic ITIL framework.
- Learn how to enhance ITIL service management within an organisation.
- Learn how to contribute to ongoing service improvement within an IT enterprise.
- Understand key principles and models of service management.
- Learn the roles and responsibilities of service management as a practice.
Module 01: Course Introduction
- Course Organization
- Course Conventions
Module 02: Introduction To Itsm
- Itsm As A Practice
- Itsm Lifecycle
- Itsm Summary
Module 03: Continual Service Improvement
- Csi Introduction
- Step Improvement Process
- Csi Summary
Module 04: Service Operation
- Introduction To Service Operation
- Service Operation Processes
- Service Operation Functions
- Service Operation Summary
Module 05: Service Transition
- Introduction To Service Transition
- Service Transition Processes
- Summary Of Service Transition
Module 06: Service Design
- Service Design Introduction
- Service Design Processes
- Service Design Summary
Module 07: Service Strategy
- Service Strategy Introduction
- Service Strategy Activities
- Service Strategy Summary
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
At the end of the ITIL Foundation course you will be required to take a multiple choice question assessment test comprising of 40 questions in 60 minutes duration. (26 marks required to pass out of 40). The multiple choice question assessment will be automatically marked with learners receiving an instant grade. The pass mark is 65%, closed book.
Those who successfully complete the exam will be awarded the certificate in ITIL Foundation.
The certificate will be awarded by Axelos. This is a globally recognised best practice qualification that will make your CV standout and encourage employers to see your motivation at expanding your skills and knowledge in the IT enterprise.
Who is this course for?
- The course is aimed at individuals with basic understanding of the ITIL framework.
- IT Operations Managers.
- IT Professionals working within an organisation.
- Technical decision makers.
- The course requires no formal pre-requisites.
- IT Architect – (average UK yearly salary: £59,270)
- IT Security Manager – (average UK yearly salary: £50,473)
- Systems Architect – (average UK yearly salary: £50,885)
- Systems Engineer – (average UK yearly salary: £29,537)
- Developer – (average UK yearly salary: ££30,743)
- IT Project Manager – (average UK yearly salary: £42,074)
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.