Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
This is a course for ambitious marketers looking to develop digital strategy capabilities that will drive personal and business success. Equivalent to Level 7 qualification (Masters Degree).
During your Postgraduate Diploma in Digital, you will learn to:
- Understand how strategic digital planning reduces campaign costs while increasing return on investment
- Confidently develop strategic recommendations that improve customer experiences
- Understand how actionable and accountable integrated communications plans drive results
- Systematically analyse and optimise campaigns to develop efficient attribution models
This programme is the equivalent to a level 7 qualification or to Master’s Degree level and is made up of 11 modules
Want to specialise in B2B? Take a look at our Postgraduate Diploma in Digital Marketing with B2B.
Intensive – Central London
3 x 3 day face-to-face sessions which take place at the IDM offices in Central London. The exact location of our courses vary, so please make sure you check before attending.
Part-time - Central London
11 x 1 face-to-face sessions. Afternoon/evening classes (17.30-21.00) run once a fortnight for 11 weeks. The exact location of our courses vary, so please make sure you check before attending.
Enjoy the flexibility of devising your own personalised study routine with your programme deadlines via a stream of online content run over 12 months. You will receive email support and 24/7 access to course materials.
Module 1: Digital Enterprise
Learning objective: To understand the transformative role of digital marketing to organisations and its markets and be able to develop a customer-centric planning framework.
- Understanding the need for a digitally transformed, customer-centric and media-neutral planning process that delivers outstanding CX and ROMI:
- A comprehensive analysis and evaluation of recent, current and developing market conditions
- Objectives that are clearly and realistically defined both in terms of business goals and marketing capabilities
- A strategy that identifies relevant target audiences and potential interactions on different pathways to purchase
- Tactical channel and content planning proposals together with details of actions and timings
- Integrated budgeting and forecasting proposals that evaluate campaign potential
Module 2: Understanding the complex consumer, company and competitor contexts
Learning objective: To be proficient at developing an objective and realistic view of the market context prior to developing an inspirational digital marketing strategy.
- Assessing and evaluating the Micro environmental factors that connect a company to its target markets
- Assessing the Macro factors that connect target markets to external contexts
- Using third-party research sources to help redefine continuously evolving marketing contexts and trends
- Evaluating the customer characteristics, behaviours and preferences that influence purchasing decisions
- Exploring how social channels support the development of customer relationships and build trust
- Developing a competitor benchmarking process
Module 3: Developing a compelling digital marketing strategy that drives audience selection, proposition development and customer engagement
Learning objective: To be able to identify and target different target audiences, create relevant and powerful propositions and build detailed models of segmented customer journeys on the pathway to purchase.
- Exploring the complex relationship between market insights, objective setting and strategy development
- Using data-driven segmentation and targeting techniques to help identify core characteristics and the channel preferences
- Developing powerful propositions that connect with specific target audience segments
- Developing segmented customer journey models that define the pathway to purchase
Module 4: Constructing and managing campaign finance
Learning objective: To help you develop a process for evaluating the cost-effectiveness of digital marketing campaigns and their performance in relation to business and marketing objectives.
- Understanding the principle processes involved in developing multi-channel digital marketing campaign budgets
- Exploring financial models and accounting definitions that support return on investment calculations
- Developing a performance management system that supports the continuous assessment of digital campaigns
- Building a comprehensive annual digital budgeting process that accounts for all continuous and campaign-related investment
- Identifying specific digital marketing KPIs and the importance of establishing ROI as the principle campaign control parameter
- Modelling customer lifetime value to establish how much you can afford to invest in recruiting new customers.
Module 5: Using digital channels to build brands
Learning objective: To enable you to take advantage of the opportunities offered by digital marketing to redefine brand value and experience in the hearts and minds of prospects and customers
- Understanding the value of establishing and defending a differentiating position in the market place
- Transitioning from customer engagement funnels to mutually beneficial customer experiences (CX)
- Developing a powerful online value proposition that improves acquisition, conversion and retention performance
- Building and engaging with customer communities using social platforms and content marketing techniques
- Understanding the impact of behavioural economics, social sharing and influencers on customer experience
- Monitoring, measuring and improving brand experience through the development of an engagement framework
Module 6: Increasing customer insight and optimising campaign performance
Learning objective: To improve your ability to persistently find and make use of customer insights that improve the performance of digital marketing campaigns.
- Developing a customer-centric data strategy that integrates data silos, analytics, tag management and DMPs
- Combining different data sources and analysis techniques to develop a deeper understanding of prospects and customers
- Using web analytics to improve knowledge of customer motivations, behaviour and preferences
- Using data to develop a Single Customer View that improves your understanding of past behaviour, past purchase and past preferences, to predict future purchasing intentions
- Developing customer value modelling and management systems base on lifetime value analysis to establish how much you can afford to invest in recruiting new customers
Module 7: Using CRM systems to develop increasingly relevant customer communications
Learning Objective: To develop your ability to evaluate and improve the management and relevance of customer communications through CRM systems.
- Evaluating and understanding the objectives and performance of existing customer relationship programmes and platforms
- How GDPR and PECR/ePrivacy regulations influence CRM decisions regarding the use personal data and their potential effects on CX
- Making the business case for improving customer retention and profitability through data-driven contact
- Specifying and developing an integrated CRM strategy that improves customer experience and drives operational productivity
- Analysing the value of customer retention and loyalty using RFM (Recency, Frequency, Monetary) and CRR (Customer Repeat and Redemption Rates), NPS
Module 8: Developing an integrated digital strategy
Learning objective: To help you take advantage of digital channel planning techniques, digital channel assessment processes and the means of developing a digitally-integrated approach
- The advantages of a digitally-integrated approach that uses the media-multiplier effect to improve overall campaign performance
- Developing an efficient customer and device-centric digitally-integrated strategy that aligns customer experience and business objectives
- Evaluating the potential of digital channel contribution to IMC sequencing and touchpoint optimisation
- Using digitally-integrated frameworks to define the role of digital channels within the marketing mix
- How digitally-integrated strategy, business systems, employees and suppliers combine to better serve the needs of customers, intensify relationships
To view the rest of the course outline visit our website
Who is this course for?
Choose the Postgraduate Diploma in Digital Marketing to lead on the development, application and management of digital marketing strategy.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.