Add to basket or enquire
Healthy Cooking with Vegetables
Become a skilled vegetable gourmet chef
By gaining a recognised qualification through a leading UK training provider such as Global Edulink, you can learn valuable nutritional principles and make your CV stand out from the crowd.
Why You Should Choose Global Edulink
- 12 months Access to your course.
- The price shown on Reed is for the whole course, including the final exam and free e-certificate.
- CPD and iAP accredited certificate upon successful completion
- Tutor Support available Monday – Friday
There’s no need to make vegetables an afterthought when cooking any longer. With the widespread appeal of farm-to-table produce and renowned chefs using seasonal produce and creative cooking techniques to set their menus apart, vegetables have officially become food we want to eat more of.
With this course, you’ll gain expert insight and learn techniques of how to expertly cook complex and versatile vegetables such as squash, cauliflower, root vegetables, potatoes and other tubers, in ways that enhance their flavours whilst maintaining their high nutritional values. There are more than 20 vegetable cooking recipes containing step-by-step demonstrations of delicious main dishes, sides, soups, stews, and even desserts and cocktails.
You’ll also learn how to:
- Choose vegetables in the store or farmer’s market
- Correctly store the produce
- Cook them effectively at home or in the catering kitchen
Understanding how to expertly cook a wide range of interesting and appealing vegetables can be confusing or daunting but our course provides you with all the information you require to become a vegetable gourmet chef.
Course Curriculum : Healthy Cooking with Vegetables
- Identify colorful carrots
- Guide to summer and winter squashes
- Artichokes and inflorescents cauliflower
- Coocking marvelous mushrooms and salad
- Learn about field and cooking greens
- Celery root and parsnips root vegetables
- All about alliums onions and garlic
- Why fruits masquerading as vegetables?
- What are bulb vegetables fennel and celery?
- Turnips and brassicas brussels sprouts
- Identify potatoes and other tubers
- Stems and stalks/ asparagus and rhubarb
- Know your cabbages! Red, green and savoy
- What are beets and beet greens?
- Identifying italian, chinese and japanese eggplant
- Learn about amazing avocado
- About chili peppers and peas
- Planned-overs or leftovers
- Identifying exotic vegetables
- Learn herbs and blossoms for an elegant dinner
Benefits you will gain:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Having completed this course, you will be awarded the Healthy Cooking with Vegetables by Global Edulink as well as a summary of the units learnt. This summary will include the specifics of the units you have learnt in the completed course. At the end of this course, you will be able to gain a professional qualification. Potential employers will view you as an asset and will recognize the level of commitment and skills you have displayed while studying this course.
Who is this course for?
- Those looking to improve their knowledge of cooking with vegetables
- Professionals within the catering industry
- There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds.
- Vegetarian Chef or Caterer
- Weight Management Practitioner
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Samantha Janko asked:
Can this course be completed on multiple computers? So I can do it where ever I am?
Yes, You can use multiple computers and study this course because you can log in to the student portal from any computer using your unique login details and allocate the study times conveniently.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.