Duration: 7 hours 30 mins
A staggering amount of data is created everyday; analyzing and organizing this enormous amount of data can be quite a complex task. Haskell is a powerful and well-designed functional programming language that is designed to work with complex data. It is trending in the field of data science as it provides a powerful platform for robust data science practices.
This course will introduce the basic concepts of Haskell and move on to discuss how Haskell can be used to solve the issues by using the real-world data.
The course will guide you through the installation procedure, after you have all the tools that you require in place, you will explore the basic concepts of Haskell including the functions, and the data structures.
It will also discuss the various formats of raw data and the procedures for cleaning the data and plotting them.
With a good hold on the basics of Haskell and data analysis, you will then be introduced to advanced concepts of data analysis such as Kernel Density Estimation, Hypothesis testing, Regression analysis, text analysis, clustering, Naïve Bayes Classification, and Principal Component Analysis.
fter completing this course, you will be equipped to analyze data and organize them using advanced algorithms.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Understand the basic concepts of data analysis
- Create Haskell functions for the common descriptive statistics functions
- Learn to apply regular expressions in large-scale datasets
- Plot data with the gnuplot tool and the EasyPlot library
- Reduce the size of data without affecting the data’s effectiveness using Principal Component Analysis
- Master the techniques necessary to perform multivariate regression using Haskell code
Style and Approach:
The integrated course follows a step-by-step approach that uses real-world data and examples to build on the concepts covered.
This course is a blend of text, videos, code examples, and assessments, all packaged up keeping your journey in mind. The curator of this course has combined some of the best that Packt has to offer in one complete package. We have picked up the best and the most relevant content from the following Packt products:
- Learning Haskell Programming by Hakim Cassimally
- Getting Started with Haskell Data Analysis by James Church
- Learning Haskell Data Analysis by James Church
- Advanced Data Analysis with Haskell by James Church
Note: This interactive EPUB adheres to the latest specification, and requires that your reader supports video and interactive content. We recommend using Readium with the latest stable version of Google Chrome, or iBooks for OS X.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.