Add to basket or enquire
Diploma in Central Banking Monetary Policy - Level 3
The certification is endorsed by an ABC Awards (Ofqual regulated awarding body)
Get 2 accredited qualifications in 1 program. The submission of your assessment is compulsory to get your ABC Awards certification. However, if you take a 20 question MCQ examination, you can also receive a free e-certificate from CPD & iAP.
The central back of any country implements their monetary policy. It is used to influence the money supply in a particular country. Monetary policies are fundamental to understanding the economics in a country. Gaining a thorough understanding of monetary policies and how it is implemented is now possible by following Diploma in Central Banking Monetary Policy – Level 3 course. It is designed for learners to understand supply and demand and how money impacts people’s lives. It is a course of great interest for individuals working as finance and economic professionals and would like to enhance their knowledge in the role that monetary policy plays in the economic status of a country.
The course will cover key features such as introducing learners to monetary policies and economic activity, understanding an open economy and how microeconomic policy works, learning about the international monetary system and exchange and interest rates.
The Diploma in Central Banking Monetary Policy – Level 3 is an in-depth course for individuals who want to gain a comprehensive understanding of the essentials of money and monetary policy. Inflation, recession and unemployment are all economic concepts that affect people in their day to day lives. This thought-provoking course will enable learners to get a good grasp of these concepts and understand how it can influence their business decisions.
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Global Edulink has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Global Edulink to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
We are always thinking of ways in which you can gain the best from our online learning platform. When you enroll with us on this program you will have the opportunity to enroll on a Level 3 course or above for free!!! The courses that you can choose from have been indicated on our suggested course below.
- Diploma in Financial Accounting - Level 3
- Diploma in Investment and Finance - Level 3
- Diploma in Management Accounting - Level 3
- Diploma in Innovation and Small Business Management - Level 3
- Diploma in Money and Monetary Policy - Level 3
- Diploma in Banking - Level 3
- Diploma in Business Law - Level 3
- Diploma in Corporate Governance & Business Law - Level 3
- Diploma in Business Ethics and Law - Level 3
- Diploma in Business Ethics and Corporate Governance - Level 3
- Diploma in Business Economics - Level 3
- Diploma in Business and Management - Level 3
- Diploma in Applied Business Analysis - Level 3
- Diploma in Strategic Marketing - Level 3
- Diploma in Cost Analysis - Level 3
- Diploma in Business Information Systems - Level 3
- Diploma in Business Information Management - Level 3
- Diploma in Study Skills - Level 3
- Diploma in Business Management - Level 4
- Diploma in Customer Service - Level 4
- Diploma in Human Resource Management - Level 4
- Diploma in Office Administration - Level 4
- Diploma in Office Administration and Bookkeeping - Level 4
- Diploma in Office Administration and HR - Level 4
- Diploma in Office Administration and Management - Level 4
- Diploma in Office Administration and PA - Level 4
- Diploma in Office Administration and Reception - Level 4
What is covered in this course?
- Gain a clear understanding and discuss the context of central banking.
- Explain in detail the function of banker and advisor to the government.
- Describe in detail the functions of the banking system and management of money.
- Gain an understanding of the framework of monetary policy.
- Discuss the models of monetary policy.
- This academic qualification will enable learners to have the confidence in their skills in their field of study and apply practical knowledge in their job position.
Course Curriculum : Diploma in Central Banking Monetary Policy - Level 3
1: Essence of Central Banking
- Essence of central banking
- Learning outcomes
- Milieu of the central bank: the financial system
- Context of central banking: financial stability
- Why financial stability?
- How is financial stability achieved domestically?
- Worldwide focus
- Balance sheet of a central bank
- Notes and coins
- Deposits: government
- Foreign loans
- Central bank securities
- Loans to government
- Loans to banks
- Money creation
- Functions of central banks
2: Banker and Advisor to Government
- Banker & advisor to government
- The interbank markets
- The bank – to – central bank interbank market
- The central bank – to – bank interbank market
- The central bank – to – bank interbank market
- Bank liquidity management
- Banker to government
- Tax and loan accounts
- Tax payments
- Receipts of loan issues
- Problem from perspective of central bank
- Problem from perspective of government
- Problem from perspective of banks
- The solution
- Tax payments by individuals
- Issues of government securities
- Disbursement of funds (for procurement of goods from NBPS)
- Monetary policy tool
- Public debt management
- The public debt14
- Domestic versus foreign debt
- Term structure of debt
- Relationship with monetary policy
- In - progress debt management
- Ratio to gross domestic product
- The central bank and public debt management
- Administration of exchange controls
3: Management of Money
- Management of money & banking system
- Learning outcomes
- Provision of internal corporate support services and systems
- Table 1: Functions of central banks
- Banker to private sector banks
- Settlement of interbank claims
- Supervision of payments system
- Lender of last resort
- Large/small bank problem
- Confidence and the bank run
- Currency (notes and coins) management
- Bank supervision
- Rationale for regulation
- Objectives of regulation
- Management of foreign assets23
- Why do central banks hold foreign assets?
- The desired level of reserves
- Foreign asset reserve management
- Number of securities in portfolio
- The USD in foreign asset reserve management
- Development of the debt market
4: Money Creation & Framework of Monetary Policy
- Money Creation & framework of monetary policy
- Learning outcomes
- Measuring money
- Money identity: sources of money creation
- Example: Exports
- Example: government issues bonds
- Example: bank notes
- Money destruction
- Bank deposits and the reserve requirement
- Statutory environment
- Price stability
- What Is Price Stability?
- What are the benefits of price stability?
- Monetary policy accountability and transparency
- Limitations of monetary policy
- Independence of central banks
5: Monetary Policy models & Transmission
- Monetary policy: models & transmission
- Models of monetary policy
- Firm required reserves model
- Interbank rate model
- Quoins of monetary policy
- Path of monetary policy: from interest to inflation
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
In order to complete the Diploma in Central Banking Monetary Policy – Level 3 successfully and gain your professional qualification, all students are required to complete a series of assignments. The completed assignments must be submitted via the online portal. Your instructor will review and evaluate your work and provide your feedback based on how well you have completed your assignments.
Please Note:Additionally, £159 (Inc. VAT) is charged for assessment and certificate and you need to pay that when you are submitting your assessments only (It is not required to pay initially when you are registering). This payment can be paid into 02 installments when you are submitting your assessments.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
Course Code: QLS-04484
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
While the submission of your assignment is compulsory for you to get your ABC Awards accredited certification, you can also receive another CPD & iAP accredited, free e-certificate if you take a 20 multiple choice exam.
Who is this course for?
- Entrepreneurs and Economists
- The course targets officials in government agencies, state banks and the central bank
- Financial Professionals
- Business Consultants
- Professional learners, undergraduate students
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification at level 2 or above in any discipline.
- Financial Manager – £37,803 per annum
- Financial Analyst – £30,926 per annum
- Business Consultant – £38,135 per annum
- Economist – £35,620 per annum
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
once complete will this provide me with an actual Diploma or just a certificate and a false qualification.
Dear Willimas, The Diploma in Central Banking Monetary Policy - Level 3 is one of the highly recognized endorsed qualifications which is awarded by the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. (Regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales ) At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a free printed Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary Regards, Student Support Team.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
This course is advertised as a "Diploma Level 3" (As are many on the REED webside) however I am confused as to what actual qualification this offers.
Dear William, Thank you for your query. Diploma in Central Banking Monetary Policy - Level 3 course is awarded by ABC Awards (Ofqual regulated awarding body). Upon successful completion of the course, learners will receive a certificate endorsed by an ABC Awards. ABC Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process. Regards, Student Support TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.