South London College
Add to basket or enquire
Pesticides are used widely in agriculture to protect crops and harvest from harmful pests. However, improper handling or administering of pesticides might lead to pesticide poisoning and in some cases, even death, which is why it is vital for farmers and agricultural professionals to be well-informed on agricultural pesticide to administer them properly. This Diploma in Agricultural Pesticide Awareness – Level 4 has been introduced to do just that by thoroughly enlightening you on the various pesticides, insecticides and their application.
This awareness course will explain how pesticides and insecticides enter our body, the routes of exposure and the steps to be taken when one contacts pesticides. You will also get to learn the symptoms and signs of pesticide poisoning to know when to seek emergency assistance, after which you will get into terms with the various methods and ways to handle pesticides and insecticides effectively.
This course will take the awareness a step further by presenting you with the worker protection standard requirements and the Personal Protection Equipment (PPE). The course curriculum will also explore the classes of agricultural insecticides and about the pesticide drift, so that you can walk away as a highly talented and skilled individual on pesticide application.
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Global Edulink* has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 4 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Global Edulink* to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
*South London College is an approved reselling partner for ABC Awards courses under Global Edulink
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
What Will I Learn?
- Learn about pesticides, insecticides and their application.
- Learn how pesticides or insecticides can enter our body and the routes of exposure.
- Understand the signs and symptoms of pesticide poisoning and how to seek emergency assistance.
- Learn about the methods and ways to handle pesticides and insecticides effectively.
- Gain insight into worker protection standard requirements.
- Learn about Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
- Understand the classes of agricultural insecticides.
- Learn about pesticide drift.
- Agricultural Pesticide Application
- General Pesticide Information
- Routes By Which Pesticides Can Enter The Body
- Emergency Assistance
- Pesticide Drift
- Pesticide Formulations
- The Effects on The Environment
- Proper Handling of Pesticides Section
- Worker Protection Standard Requirements Section
- Pesticide Handlers
- Ppe Cleaning Information
- How To Comply With The Worker Protection Standard
- Who Must Protect Workers And Handlers
- Decontamination Supplies
- Early – Entry Work Situations
- Personal Protective Equipment
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
In order to complete the Diploma in Agricultural Pesticide Awareness - Level 4 successfully, all students are required to complete a series of assignments. The completed assignments must be submitted via the online portal. Your instructor will review and evaluate your work and provide your feedback based on how well you have completed your assignments.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
Course Code: QLS-04871
Awarding Body (Accreditation)
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
Who is this course for?
- Job seekers
- Other professionals related to agriculture
- Anyone willing to learn more about agricultural pesticides
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification at level 3 or above in any discipline.
- Farmers - £8.57 per hour
- Farm Workers - £8.39 per hour
- Farm Manager - £27,636 per annum
- Pest Control Technician - £18,743 per annum
- Agricultural Pest Controller
- Agricultural Pest Control Specialist Agricultural Pest Controller
- Agricultural Pest Control Specialist
Other jobs you can get
- Pest Control Technician
- Pest Control Advisor
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.