Add to basket or enquire
Are you currently employed as a teacher seeking to obtain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or simply seeking to advance your teaching career by developing your teaching skills?
You are at the right place! This comprehensive Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training | DET will equip you with the required skills to work as a teacher in the UK. For teaching in the field of lifelong learning, this education and training diploma is a nationally recognized credential which will help you advance to higher studies and become a well-trained teacher.
Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
This Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training | DET will set you up with the appropriate qualifications and adequate credentials that are required for you to have expertise in the field of teaching. This course is accredited by NCFE and regulated by Ofqual, making it a nationally recognised qualification that will enhance your resume.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will gain extensive teaching skills and knowledge to evaluate, create resources, and assist students to reach their full potential.
- Course Type: Self-Paced Online Learning
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH): 360
- Accreditation: NCFE
- Qualification: Nationally Recognised Qualification
- Study Materials: High-Quality E-Learning Study Materials
- Access: 1 Year Access
- Certificate: Certificate upon completion (hard copy)
- Tutor Support- Paid Tutor Support
- Customer Support: 24/7 live chat available
How This Course Will Work For You?
- Learning Resources: High-quality learning resources to achieve all the learning outcomes
- Assignments: Evaluated via a series of assignments for each unit
According to the Framework for Higher Education Qualifications, this degree is accepted as being equivalent to those with a Certificate of Education. A number of UK universities offer Bachelor of Education (BEd) or BA (Hons) in Education at the Level 6 level for students who have earned the NCFE Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training. Additionally, you will also be able to secure work in a variety of jobs, from training officer to manager to further education teacher, online/e-tutor, and functional skills teacher.
Our online learning portal is fully compatible with desktop, tablet and mobile devices and can be accessed from anywhere.
Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training Learning Outcomes
By the end of this Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training | DET, you will:
- Understand how to incorporate learning approaches, ideas, and models into the planning of inclusive teaching and learning
- Discover how to use behaviour management ideas to establish and preserve a secure, welcoming teaching and learning environment.
- Know how to deliver inclusive teaching and learning using theories, principles, and models of communication and learning
- Demonstrate how to use assessment theories, models, and principles to evaluate learning in education and training
- Know how to evaluate one's own practice for organizing, carrying out, and assessing inclusive teaching and learning using theories and methods of reflection and assessment
- Discover the connections, roles, and procedures that are part of education and training, as well as how to conduct an initial and diagnostic assessment to decide on an individual's earning goals
- Understand how to organise and carry out inclusive teaching, as well as how to establish and maintain a safe atmosphere for teaching and learning
- Recognise how theories and models of curriculum development are applied within one's own field of expertise and how to apply those theories to evaluate one's own practice.
- Acknowledge professionalism and the role it plays in shaping training and education, as well as recognise how accountability to stakeholders and outside organisations affects education and training
- Possess the ability to support your organisation's quality assurance and improvement efforts, and recognise how education and training are governed by policy
About Official Exam, Assessment & Certification
Towards the end of the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training | DET, you will be assessed via a series of assignments that will be internally designed and graded by the course instructors. This approach will more accurately represent what is covered in class and fit the style of instruction being implemented, providing students more confidence to ace the test.
Once you are ready for the submission of the assignments, you can book your exam with us with additional fee of £789 + VAT.
The overall qualification grade is "pass." The learner must complete every unit that is mentioned in the qualification framework. The following requirements must be met in order for a learner to pass a unit:
- attain all of the listed learning outcomes
- meet all of the assessment criteria
- demonstrate their understanding of each unit
Students must complete a number of brief assignments for each section of the award. These assessments are designed to assess you in accordance with the following guidelines:
- Each of the seven modules in this qualification has assignments.
- The assignments should range in length from 1000 to 2000 words, and some include calls for product evidence such as lesson plans, teaching materials, and other related paperwork.
- Assignments should include theory, relevant to real-world workplaces and relate to actual teaching situations.
- These assignments will aid in your exploration and application of the entire teaching and learning cycle.
- Your tutor will give comments after receiving and reviewing the assignments and will give you a chance to resubmit them if more work is needed.
You will also be required to submit a teaching assessment that is designed to assess you in accordance with the following guidelines:
- You should provide 8 observations on the classes you are teaching (minimum 5 students). This witness testimony must be completed by a teacher with appropriate credentials. To complete these observations, we may also, in exceptional cases, arrange a video link with your tutor
- For this training, there is no prerequisite in terms of prior experience. To get your completion certificate, however, you must complete 100 hours of classroom teaching experience throughout the course.
- You will need to find an expert witness with a level 5 diploma in education and training to observe your practical teaching demonstration. If you prefer, we can help you by providing an expert witness for an additional fee of £250 + VAT for 8 hours.
- Additionally, you'll need to provide a teaching record and documentation of continuous personal development
Upon successful completion of this Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training | DET and passing the internal assessments, and practical teaching assessments, you will be awarded the qualification: NCFE Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training which is valued by all employers in the UK and globally. A certificate (hard copy) will be provided bearing the university-recognised official logo of NCFE that will certify that you have taken this course and have successfully completed all the assessments and objectives this course offers. The certificate will also contain the seal of “Ofqual” as the course is regulated by Ofqual and will be posted to your designated address.
Progression Opportunities in this Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training Qualification
Upon successfully attaining the NCFE Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training, you can:
- Progress to advanced vocational study
- Attain Qualified Teacher Status (QTLS)
- Improve your chances of getting a promotion
- Explore and enjoy various job opportunities
- Obtain employment in a variety of teaching roles
- Advance to a Bachelor of Arts in Education or BA in Education (BEd)
- Course Overview
- Lesson 1: Roles Responsibilities of Teachers in Education Learning
- Lesson 2 : Pedagogical Principles Theory and Practice
- Lesson 3 : Functional Skills and the Minimum Core
- Lesson 4 : Planning in Education and Learning
- Lesson 5 : Selecting, Creating and Using Resources
- Lesson 6 : Augmenting Communication through Teaching Strategies
- Lesson 7 : The Assessment Process
- Lesson 8 : Managing Learners
- Lesson 9 : Professionalism and Continued Professional Development
- Lesson 10 : Developing Designing Curriculum
- Lesson 11 : The Professional Practice Quality Management
- Additional Resource
Who is this course for?
This extensive Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training is suitable for:
- Aspiring teachers
- Teachers of any level
- Teachers seeking to enhance their teaching skills
- Teachers aiming to achieve Qualified Teacher Status (QTLS)
- Teachers looking to improve their job prospects
Whether you are a newbie into the field of teaching or an aspiring professional looking to enhance and upskill your CV that meets the demand of any requirement needed to apply to any job, this course will help you to stand out among others and seek promotion.
This Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training | DET is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds and no experience or previous qualifications are required.
Before pursuing level 5 education and training, individuals are not required to have completed level 3 or level 4 education and training.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.