Add to basket or enquire
The online Deaf Awareness Course from Oplex Careers aims to provide a strong insight into learning core skills to support and work with those who are hearing impaired, and more.
The online Deaf Awareness Course will introduce you to learning core communication skills to support and work with those who are hearing impaired, as well as the importance of deaf awareness. Whether you are familiar with key principles already, you want to get started working with those who are hearing impaired in a classroom or any other professional environment, looking for more training, or just interested in this field of study, this course will cover a range of modules and provide multiple examples for assessment.
The Deaf Awareness Course is split into the following modules:
- Introduction to Deaf Awareness Training
– understanding the difficulties faced with day to day tasks and activities
– being hearing impaired in the workplace and other settings outside the house
– the importance of deaf awareness training
- Terminology and Communication to use
– Understanding the correct terminology
– The importance of this
– A guide to effective communication
- Using BSL for communication
– Most common form of sign language used in the UK
– What is BSL and what it involves
- Using lip reading for communication
– Another common form of communication
– What is lip reading and what it involves
- Deaf Awareness in Schools
– Challenges pupils can face in school
– Identifying key signs in young children
– Solution to help and support
- Deaf Awareness in the Workplace
– Accessible job adverts
– The ‘Disability Confident Scheme’
– Workplaces promoting awareness
- Equal opportunities
– Equal opportunity Acts covering deaf awareness
– What these acts discuss
- The History and Future of Deaf Awareness
– How awareness has improved
– Changes still important today
– The future of awareness
- Final Assessment
To assess the learners ability and knowledge to effectively understand the topics contained within the Deaf Awareness Course, the course features a number of end of module interactive quiz questions.
Additionally, at the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice assessment test. This online multiple choice test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
On successful completion of this Deaf Awareness Course. This certificate will be produced in PDF format, hard copies of the certificate will be available at an additional fee of £9.99.
This course is delivered online through eLearning. Learners of the course will receive instant access to our interactive student learning portal, which offers 24/7 access to the Deaf Awareness Course.
The online Deaf Awareness Course requires 40 hours to complete the course in full. This is only a guide to the learning hours required and it depends on how quickly an individual can absorb the information. The learning is online so it can be spread out over multiple sessions or done in one session.
Learners will have access to this course for up to 12 months from the date of joining. There is no time limit to complete the course during this period.
When you are studying a course it is always useful to know that you have the help and support of tutors that want you to succeed in your studies.
As part of the Deaf Awareness Course you will receive access to our dedicated tutor support service. The academic tutors will be able to provide you with unlimited online email support to help answer any questions that you may have whilst you are studying the course.
Our Deaf Awareness Course is fully compatible with PC’s, Mac’s, Laptop, Tablet and Smartphone devices.
We know that more and more people are using the web whilst they are on the move, so we have designed this Deaf Awareness Course to be fully compatible across tablet and smartphone devices. You will be able to access the same content from the course, just over a 3G or 4G network whilst on the move
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.