Add to basket or enquire
Would you like to learn about Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) for both your personal benefit and to be able to help others? Eating disorders, depression and anxiety are some of the areas that are tackled with this course and having knowledge about these areas can help make a considerable difference to a person’s health. In this course we discuss these areas in details, looking at the variations and characteristics of CBT, how to plan and implement a session, intervention techniques and evidence-based practice.
Would you like to gain an introduction into the field of physiotherapy? Back pain, sports injuries and ergonomics are common issues and having knowledge about these areas can help make a considerable difference to a person’s health. In this course we discuss these areas in detail, looking at preventative measures, occupational health, recovery from injuries, the main systems in the human body and more.
Our course is accredited by the CPD Service, which means that it may count towards CPD requirements for professionals such as personal trainers and health professionals. This course does not allow you to practice or call yourself a physiotherapist. To do so you must complete an HCPC approved physiotherapy course and be registered as a Physiotherapist with the HCPC. For more information please visit the HCPC website.
The courses is tutored by an experienced psychiatrist and physiotherapist who have collectively over 70 years of clinical experience.
Do you want to:
- Learn about CBT and physiotherapy to improve your health and the health of your family?
- Help others to prevent problems and understand the impact on how lifestyle changes can improve your life.
- Get a comprehensive understanding of CBT, free from any bias and written by the experts.
- Learn about physiotherapy to improve your own health?
- Understand how to prevent injury and the impact that different lifestyles have on the body?
- Get a detailed understanding of physiotherapy, free from any bias?
What can you do following the course?
For all students, career coaching is available from a registered physiotherapist or an experienced psychiatrist, who will discuss what is required to enter the field. The knowledge gained in this course could be used to work in a health shop, in a fitness centre, as a journalist and more. Even if you don’t plan to pursue being a physiotherapist or CBT as a career, it is great for those looking to make more informed decisions about their own health and their family.
What do you get with the course?
- Detailed notes and end of course exam.
- Tutor support throughout the course
- A comprehensive manual covering all aspects of the course.
- Online quizzes to re-enforce understanding.
- End of course examination with CPD-Accredited certificate for CPD purposes.
- Lifetime access to material.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
The modules that we cover in this course are:
- Introduction to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Exploring the theoretical basis of CBT
- Applications of CBT theory to practice
- CBT variations
- Characteristics of CBT
- The Cognitive-Behavioural Framework: Planning a CBT session
- The Cognitive-Behavioural Framework: Implementing a CBT session
- The Cognitive-Behavioural Framework: End stage of CBT
- CBT Intervention techniques
- Treatment protocols
- CBT for depressive disorders
- CBT for those at risk of suicide
- CBT for Anxiety Disorders
- CBT for Eating Disorders
- The future of CBT
- Implementation of CBT
- Evidence-based practice of CBT
Introduction to Physiotherapy
History and Background of biological science
- Physiotherapy and its relationship with other disciplines
- The Skeletal System
- Muscles and the Muscular System
- Neuromuscular System
- Historical perspective of injury prevention
- Injury Prevention
- Sports Injuries
- Back Pain
- Critical Care
Types of Treatment
- Aqua therapy, Hydrotherapy
- Use of TENS machines
- Ultra Sound
Physiotherapy Practises and Training
- Physiotherapy in conjunction with alternative therapies
- Understanding how to become a physiotherapist
- End of Course Assessment
Feedback from previous clients with The Specialist Academy
Julie Norton – Occupational Health Specialist
The training course contained information that will enhance both my job role and my family lifestyle.
Hemin F Najmadden - Medical Doctor
I have to say that I really enjoyed the training material. I am a medical doctor, living in Iraq and have 10 years experience in medical practice. Thanks for providing a pathway for further progress in this field.
Louise Smith – Senior Occupational Health Advisor
Your knowledge of the subject is very vast. This training course has giving me lot of new information
Julie Owen - Senior Dental Nurse
Having just completed the diet specialist course I have learned so much and found the course very informative, easy to follow and I thoroughly enjoyed enhancing my knowledge and understanding over the past 10 months.
I would highly recommend this course
Natalie Jones - Senior Occupational Health Advisor
You have excellent presentation and communication skills and delivered the course with enthusiasm
Laura Vaughan - Food teacher
I thoroughly enjoyed the course. I am a Food teacher and a chef and so was fascinated by the subject.
Janette Pickles - Senior Occupational Health Advisor
You were really able to link the information to current situations in the workplace, and making sense of the terminology.
Jim Mccombie - Clinical Hypnotherapist
Thank you very much. I enjoyed the course very much and found it contributed greatly to my practice as a Clinical Hypnotherapist in developing a weight control program
Kate Fletcher - Senior Occupational Health Advisor
Enjoyed the training very much, and gained some very useful information
Who is this course for?
Anybody who has an interest in CBT and Physiotherapy
The knowledge gained in this course could be used to work in a health shop, in a fitness centre, as a journalist and more. Even if you don’t plan to pursue being a physiotherapist as a career, it is great for those looking to make more informed decisions about their own health and their family.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Would this course qualify me as a physiotherapist?
Hello Tafeda. For more information on how to become a registered physiotherapist, please visit the HCPC in the UK or the relevant physiotherapy body in your country. You cannot practice as a physiotherapist with this certificate as it is only meant for CPD purposes.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is there a time limit on when i have to complete this course or units by? As my time can be quite limited at times. Thanks.
Hello T. Yes you have to complete your course within 12 months, however it can be extended if required. However you have unlimited access to your course.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.