Add to basket or enquire
This short course explores the concept of child development and how important it is to the work that we carry out with children.
Discover child development theories and learn how to apply them to situations within your setting. Study aspects of development, including brain development, and consider how best to prepare activities for children and guide their learning.
A work placement is not required to complete this course and the learning is appropriate for childcare practitioners from a range of settings.
- e-Book: Understanding cognitive development in children - download
- You will learn that children’s development begins from the moment of conception
- You will learn that a child’s development is influenced by the adults who care for them
- You will learn to be aware of a child’s needs covering all five outcomes mentioned in Every Child Matters
- You will learn that individual children develop in different ways and that it is extremely important that every child is treated as an individual
Advantages of this course:
- This course looks at child development theories and theorists, and why it is important to know how children develop when working with them
- It is important to understand the areas of child development to offer appropriate learning experiences and levels of support for each individual child
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
After purchasing this course on Reed, a customer service representative from Laser Learning will email you with instructions on how to access your course on the Laser Short Course website.
If the purchase was made within business hours, you should expect your email within 1-2 hours. If your purchase was made outside of business hours, you should expect your email the next working day.
Who is this course for?
Childcare practitioners, and anyone who is interested in understanding child development.
A computer, mobile, or tablet and an internet connection.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Certificate of completion
Digital certificate - Included
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.