TCC Training and Consultancy
Add to basket or enquire
Location & dates
TCC’s BCS Commercial Awareness course considers the work of the business analyst in a business change project and the aspects of the organisation that may impact the Business Analyst's role. It considers organisational financial management and the business case for change, including Investment Appraisal and Evaluation of a Financial Case. It examines the organisation's internal and external structures, addressing the principles of organisation structure and behaviour and explores changing organisational boundaries, including different operating models.
In the classroom:
- Expert Business Analysis trainer
- Copies of all presentation slides (exclusive to TCC)
- Practical classroom group exercises
- Maximum class size of 12
At TCC training venues:
- A modern and comfortable training room
- Buffet or restaurant lunch and light breakfast selection*
- Hot & cold refreshments throughout the day
* Light breakfast selection available on city centre courses in Birmingham.
What TCC Customers Are Saying:
“The course was very detailed and links well to other BA courses. Very relaxed atmosphere conducive to questions and learning. Good that the exercises are consistent throughout all courses. Homework good. Really enjoyable course. I'm looking forward to the next one.” – Nathalie N
* SAVE UP TO 38% with our BCS Diploma in Business Analysis Training Passport *
To be awarded the Diploma in Business Analysis, you must complete four BCS Business Analysis training courses:
- BCS Business Analysis Practice (3 Days)
- BCS Requirements Engineering (3 Days)
- BCS Commercial Awareness (2 Days)
- BCS Modelling Business Processes (2 Days)
You are then eligible to sit the BCS Business Analysis Diploma Oral Examination covering all four modules.
This course can be purchased as part of a Training Passport, which includes the training and examinations for all four courses leading to the BCS Diploma in Business Analysis for only £2,595 + VAT. A Training Passport allows you to register for any of the dates on our public schedule, at a considerable saving over booking each course and exam individually.
You can complete the courses in any sequence. However, we recommend starting with either Business Analysis Practice or Requirements Engineering.
This course will enable delegates to:
- Evaluate a financial case, understand costing, pricing and business performance ratios
- Understand cash flow forecasting, budgeting and interpret financial accounting documents
- Use Porter's Five Forces, Value Chains, the BCG Matrix and Balanced Scorecard
- Explain the different management structures and organisational architectures
- Define the elements of cultural analysis approaches
- Prepare for the BCS Certificate in Commercial Awareness
The Business Case for Change
Evaluating a Financial Case
Discounted Cash Flow / Net Present Value
Internal Rate of Return
Budgeting, Costing and Pricing
Cash flow forecasting and management
Fixed and variable costs / direct and indirect costs
Break even and Contribution Analysis
Budgeting and management ratios
Financial Reporting and Analysis
Income and Expenditure / Profit and Loss
Cash Flow Statement
Financial Ratios: profitability; liquidity; gearing
Market Analysis and Competitive Advantage
External and internal analysis techniques
Organisational behaviour and culture
The Balanced Scorecard
Organisational Behaviour and Culture
Groups and group dynamics
Social networks and the Cultural Web
Principles of Organisational Structure
Organisation structures and their characteristics
The Six Structure Levels, The Leavitt Diamond
The principles of management
Line, staff and functional relationships
Formalisation of rules and procedures
Organisational boundaries, outsourcing, offshoring
Course dates (if applicable)
Who is this course for?
- Business Analysts and Systems Analysts
- Business Managers
- Project Managers and Team Leaders
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control Managers
There are no pre-requisites for the course.
£43,861 - £52,682 estimated salary based on Reed salary checker (top 4 locations).
What do they do?
Business Analysts (known as BAs) are responsible for analysing a business’s processes and investigating how they work. They then identify improvements that can be made and present the case for these improvements back to the business.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.