- Exam(s) / assessment(s) is included in price
- Tutor is available to students
**Accounting Diploma Level 4 ****Endorsed Certificate from Ofqual's regulated Awarding Body*** This Accounting Management - Course Level 4 is of great interest to business professionals and entrepreneurs interested to get a thorough introduction to accounting practices and theory and to all learners wishing to take accounting as a future career. Accounting helps businesses to measure, monitor and plan their operations. This is all done by the accountants who by recording, classifying and summarising data can tell how the business is performing financially. Good accounting practices and procedures are needed in every business. The course helps you learn the core accounting principles and practices. Highlights of the course include; Introduction to accounting, the role of an accountant, accounting concepts and standards, journals and subsidiary books, profit and loss accounts, balance sheet, cash flow statements, budgeting, variance analysis, ratio analysis, financial management, management of working capital and investment methods.
Comprehensive course units take students from the basic accounting fundamentals to the various accounting concepts used by the accountants for keeping records of the capital expenditure of a company. From understanding debits and credits and using simple T-accounts to closing out the accounts at the end of an accounting period, producing the statement of retained earnings and balance sheet, you will learn how each step is completed.
This self-paced programme is available 24/7 providing you with the flexibility to train at the pace, location and time of your choosing. Accredited certificate from Ofqual's registered awarding body is available on course completion. College registration, tutor support, course materials and additional supporting material are all included in the course fee.
Accounting - Course Objectives
On course completion the learner should be able to;
- Understand core duties and responsibilities of an accountant
- Explore the roles, advantages and limitations of contemporary corporate accounting.
- Identify and describe the three basic forms of business organizations;
- Discuss four main types of financial statements;
- Understand how to organize and record financial transactions;
- Outline the steps in the accounting cycle;
- Understand how to work with t-accounts and journals;
Explain how to close out a set of accounts using a worksheet;
- Describe how to prepare a classified balance sheet;
- Understand what are sales variances, overhead variances, labour variances and cost variances
- Explain how to determine optimal cash balance.
The Accounting Diploma consists of the following units:
- Introduction to Accounting
- The Role of An Accountant
- Accounting Concepts and Standards
- Journals and Subsidiary Books
- Profit And Loss Accounts
- Balance Sheet
- Cash Flow Statements
- Variance Analysis
- Ratio Analysis
- Financial Management
- Management of Working Capital
- Investment Methods
Who is this course for?
- Candidates with an interest in working in an accountancy firms
- Anyone interested in a career in finance
- Business owners and managers who look after their own accounts
- Existing accountancy workers in pursuit of promotion
- Accountancy workers with no formal qualifications
- Anyone looking to enhance their career prospects
There is no particular entry requirement. We do not ask for any previous qualification or experience. Students of all age and academic background can enrol on this course.
*Note: This course is offered on special discounted price on REED only and does not include awarding body accreditation charges. At the end of the course, learner can claim an endorsed certificate by paying £95 accreditation fee and postal charges (£9 for UK students, £15 for outside UK).
- Candidates interested to start a career in accountancy
- Business owners seeking to look after their own accounts
- Existing accountancy workers in seeking for higher positions or promotion
- Accountancy workers with no formal qualifications
- Anyone wishing to boost their career prospects.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
M Fitzgibbon asked:
Dear Reed, what exams are involved and is there a hard copy of the course (paper version)? Is the course by assessments and are there other costs?
Dear Fitzgibbon, The courses are assignment based. After each course unit, you will complete an assignment which you will submit to your tutor for marking and move on to your next unit to complete the course. In the end, you will be assessed by your submitted assignments and there will be no formal exam to take at the end. On course completion students can claim endorsed certificate by paying £95 accreditation fee. Certificate postal charges will be £9 for UK and £15 for outside of UK.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
L K Wong asked:
Why the same course on Bentwood website is more expensive ? Any difference?
Dear L K Wong, We have advertised some courses on REED for a special discounted offer of £99. Normal course fee for all our diploma courses is £560. However, when enrolled through this offer you will have to pay £95 for the endorsed certificate if you want to claim that at the end plus there are £9 postal charges for UK students and £15 for the non-UK students.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.