One of the most respected and ambitious creative agencies in the technology sector are looking for a Hybrid Web Developer/Designer to join their growing creative team. The office is located in Harefield with other offices located in London, San Francisco & Singapore.
You will be part of the Digital team, working with the Design, Motion and Copy teams, which together form the Creative Department. You will be creating HTML emails, landing pages, animated ad banners and promotional microsites designed primarily for user engagement.
A strong foundation in computer science or web design will be beneficial, but most of the day-to-day will be learned on the job. Experience working with Photoshop to create page designs, layouts and assets should manifest itself in a portfolio of creative work (commercial & speculative) that you are confident to talk through at interview stage.
- Be able to communicate technical aspects to non-technical people
- Coordinate with other team members including designers and copywriters
- Ensure that digital work is consistent and adheres to brand guidelines
- Test websites and emails - Fix bugs on websites and emails
- Apply patches and updates to sites built with CMS
- Make changes to digital projects (not just your own) after feedback on the digital implementation, design, and copy
- jQuery and/or CSS keyframes/transitions
- Can write HTML and CSS without assistance
- Passion for web design trends, user experience and interaction design (UI/UX)
- Good knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Confidence using web-based applications
- Understanding of SEO fundamentals
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to multi-task and keep track of multiple work streams at the same time
- Using and configuring Wordpress CMS
- Building HTML emails for compatibility with old software
- Using version control systems such as GIT, Mercurial, SVN or CVS
- Applying Google Analytics and creating reports
- Using design frameworks such as Bootstrap or FontAwesome
- Using Marketing Automation platforms such as HubSpot, Eloqua, MailChimp, etc.
- Talking to clients in meetings, on the phone and by email
- Web Development