Up to £30k pa
My client who is one of the UK leaders in its field is looking to recruit a Web Designer into their expanding team.
To be responsible for the amendment, creation and maintenance of the layout, visual appearance and usability of the businesses key transactional websites, whilst ensuring that brand continuity is maintained.
To support business requests for other digital marketing graphic and email collateral within agreed time frame and to high technical and creative specifications.
Identifying opportunities and delivering solutions to develop the performance and user interfaces of the ecommerce channels.
Key tasks, responsibilities and accountabilities
- Liaising closely with internal customers throughout the initiation, design and build process to answer questions such as: why is the site needed, who is the target audience, who are the leading competitors, what are the key "hooks" etc.
- Designing a draft / prototype site for client approval or modification / Creating visuals of concepts
- Adherence to current W3C web standards and best practice, such as valid CSS positioning, AAA XHTML and cross browser/cross platform compatibility. Using creative and technical expertise to ensure that the sites are of the highest quality in terms of both creativity and usability to achieve maximum click through.
- Maintain the accuracy and look-and-feel of websites on a day-to-day basis. This may include amending offers, uploading new information, changing creative / layout or building new sites.
- Identify and develop opportunities to improve web usability.
- Ad hoc design and creation of emails and newsletters and other documents aligned with online promotion campaigns and subsequent testing to ensure that all links etc. are working correctly before sending out.
- Creative design of print media for internal customers and external partners.
- Investigating, designing and coordinating delivery of solutions for any ad hoc projects relating to the businesses web sites.
Desired personal traits/disposition
- Proactively initiates, develops, and maintains effective working relationships with team members.
- A flexible attitude with proven experience of working in a small team.
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with a variety of people and achieve results.
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of web UI technology.
- Has worked on time sensitive projects
- Demonstrates applied creativity;
Has a strong online portfolio displaying user-centred design, (physical portfolio - optional)
An online / 'pen drive ready’, windows computer will be available at the interview upon request.
Eye-catching, neat, commercial online creative
can present design and facilitate creative / critique discussion
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail. Accurately prepares written documentation that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, professional and technically accurate.
- Ability to develop solutions for cross browser / platform compatibility including consideration of small screen devices
- Experience of managing multi-task / multi-priority work loads
- Ability to work calmly under pressure with a focus on delivery to deadlines
- Ability to understand technical templates and communicate constraints
- Proactive by nature.
This is a great opportunity to join a forward-thinking business which can offer great career opportunities for a Web Designer/Developer
Salary: up to £30k pa plus benefits
- Front End
- Online Creative
- Web Pages
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job