Salary - £40-45k + £6k Car Allowance
Gigaclear is a fast growing, game changing builder and provider of pure fibre broadband services to residential customers and businesses in England. We have an ambition to make a significant difference to the broadband landscape in rural England and improve our customers lives through the provision of world class broadband services.
The Network Access team is responsible for ensuring that Gigaclear has all the relevant permissions in place in a timely manner to enable the build of the network proposed by the design team.
Purpose of the job
The Wayleave Officer will be accountable for the acquisition and negotiation of Wayleave agreements in a timely and accurate manner for the delivery of major telecommunications FTTP (fibre to the premises) projects. This role requires commitment, flexibility and accuracy to meet high quality standards.
Reporting into the Wayleave Manager, the Wayleave Officer will work closely with Planning and the Project Management team to help facilitate the granting of Wayleave Agreements.
- Manage the acquisition of Wayleave agreements in the Central region (Oxfordshire, Northamptonshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire)
- Maintain accurate records of all interaction with landowners, agents and internal departments by updating the Wayleave database
- Work with the wayleave administration team to produce and send out Wayleave agreements to prospective grantors.
- Proactively liaise with prospective grantors or land agents to successfully secure permissions for Gigaclear to access private land and build FTTP network infrastructure.
- Book site meetings with land owners, agents and contractors to gain consent to build.
- Log new wayleave requests, and work with the planning team to update and maintain existing agreements where needed.
- Carry out land registry searches to be incorporated within the Wayleave Agreement, to show the land ownership boundaries, access routes and other permissions that are required
- Manage noticing for unregistered land in accordance with process
- Conduct highways searches to identify areas of publicly maintained highway mitigating the need for a wayleave agreement to be reached.
- Provide support to the Planning and Project delivery teams to determine the optimum route for underground services
- Deal with day to day queries and incoming calls from a variety of sources. log on Wayleave register.
- Issue payment requests to finance for payment Wayleaves
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Telecommunications - basic understanding of FTTP networks and build methods is desirable
- Experience of negotiating consent and wayleave agreements and the typical legal terminology used within a utilities environment (preferably Telecommunications).
- Sound knowledge of the Communications Act 2003 (as amended by the Digital Economy Act 2017)
- Experience of dealing with local authorities to gain agreement for build programmes
- Knowledge of NRSWA, HAUK and other Highways Authority requirements
- Confident negotiator and clear communication skills.
- Excellent personal organisation, ability to work autonomously and prioritise effectively.
- Proficient IT skills including:
- Microsoft Office: Excel and Word
- GIS and Mapping tools
- We are effective and passionate in what we do
- We are speedy and responsive to colleagues and customers
- We are clear and open with all
- We deliver a transformational experience
- We are in a shared endeavour and will succeed together
- Local Authorities
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"