Warehouse Supervisor – Minster Glasgow
We have an excellent opportunity for a passionate and motivated Warehouse Supervisor to join our team. Working closely with the Branch Operations Manager (BOM), Warehouse Assistants and Drivers to maximise productivity and efficiency within the warehouse and transport operations. You will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day running of the warehouse and transport to ensure high levels of customer service are maintained.
So are you up for handling the ultimate, frontline responsibility for a business and its goals? Could you help sustain a world class reputation?Then apply today!
What will I be doing in the role?
- Support, assist and develop Health & Safety culture within the branch to ensure both staff and customers remain accident free and ensure all parties actively endorse a safe working environment.
- Ensure individual and team members comply with the SGBD Principles of Conduct
- Responsible for the day to day management and planning of warehouse and transport operations, taking responsibility for problem solving and managing situations arising.
- Work with the BOM to identify and action individual and team training needs
- Manage stock control and inventory process, to include rolling stock counts (PPI), purchasing from agreed suppliers, scheduling deliveries from suppliers.
- Implementation of effective working practices to increase productivity whilst also improving and maintaining standards of customer service.
- Ensure full compliance with all road traffic legislation
- Achievement of Operations KPI as agreed
- Support the delivery of all Company customer service initiatives
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
What do we look for a Warehouse Supervisor?
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- IT literate
- Ability to work within a team and use own initiative
- Previous team supervision experience essential
- Product and industry knowledge
- Previous warehouse experience and knowledge of road transport legislation essential
- Commitment to promoting a safe working environment and culture
What do I need to do now?
Please apply via SGBDCareers.
All internal applicants are advised to inform their line managers and apply through the internal recruitment site.
Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so.
On occasion, we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly, to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome a diversity of applications irrespective of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"