Venue Transport Manager x8
Closing Date: 31/10/2021
Do you want to be part of the biggest celebration of sport and culture in 2022?
Birmingham 2022 is looking for eight Venue Transport Managers (VTM) to join their Transport team. These are incredible opportunities which evolve from planning into operational roles near Games time, meaning you will be on the ground at the venues making sure the transport operation runs smoothly and to plan.
The Venue Transport Manager (VTM) is responsible for progressing transport planning for a specific venue or small group of venues and assisting the Cluster Venue Transport Manager and wider Transport team as necessary. As we approach Games-time, this position will evolve into an operational role, as the Venue Transport Manager becomes a key part of the Venue team and ensures the transport plan is delivered safely and effectively. It is essential that the VTM works closely with stakeholders and other Functional Areas (FAs) to ensure Games-wide policies and procedures are implemented, and a consistent level of service is given to all clients.
- Support the Cluster Venue Manager Transport in leading and coordinating the planning, administration and delivery for Venue Transport operations.
- Provide support for multiple competition or non-competition venues before taking full responsibility of one specific venue in the lead up to and during Games-time.
- Work closely with transport delivery partners and transport stakeholders to ensure an integrated and holistic approach is planned for Games Family, Spectators & Workforce, residents and businesses.
- Work with the relevant Venue Development & Overlay, Security and Venue Management teams to ensure appropriate space and overlay is provided to enable the Venue Transport Operations Plan to function as designed.
- Write the Venue Transport Operations Plan for a specific venue or venues - building on Version 1 of the document as details are confirmed.
- Capture, resolve and escalate Venue Transport specific risks as required.
- Ensure that transport facilities are appropriately planned to allow anyone with restricted mobility to access transport to venues.
- Assist with the development and delivery of Venue Transport training program for Deputy Venue Transport Managers, Contractors and Volunteers.
Please see the job description for a full breakdown of the position responsibilities.
Skills and Experience
- Proven ability to operate in a dynamic working environment, handling multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills, detail focused with strong communication and interpersonal skills; the ability to negotiate and influence as required.
- Ability to interpret a range of information or tasks, making decisions that have an impact on the wider project.
- Ability to lead a team and take responsibility.
- Previous experience in Transport or Event Management.
- Advanced computer skills.
Why You Should Work for The Games
Joining the Games team will provide you with a unique once in a lifetime opportunity to gain new skills and make new connections. After the Games, we will assist you with finding new opportunities via our outplacement programme, designed to support you in the next chapter of your career.
Salary: up to £30,000
Contract: Fixed-term contract until August 2022
Start date: ASAP
Location: One Brindley Place, Birmingham (full time office-based)
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer and we encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. We have received the Leaders in Diversity award through the National Centre for Diversity. The principles "FREDIE" (Fairness - Respect - Equality - Diversity - Inclusion and Engagement) support our aim of delivering a truly inclusive and accessible games.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. If you wish for your application to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme, please submit a completed form with your application, which can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
To apply for this role please follow the link and complete the application attaching a single document containing your CV and Covering Letter. Please also submit your disability confident/ reasonable adjustments form (if required).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. This can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'