The main responsibilities are: - Attend quarterly board meetings (these generally last 2 hours and are over the internet calls)
- Review and confirm accounts prepared by the CEO on a monthly basis, as well as liaising with them regarding general financial management and strategy. Present these financial reports at trustee meetings. (Approx. 1 hour/month)
- Sign off on United Social Ventures' account for the financial year to be audited in Uganda.
- Become a signatory to United Social Ventures' bank account in the UK and Uganda. Authorise bank transactions, including international transfers between the two accounts, in a timely manner. (Approx. 30 mins/month)
- Attend a monthly sub-committee for governance and assurance (1 hour)
- Periodically review our financial management policy and ensure that procedures are being followed.
- Oversee United's transition to a new accounting system.
- Join other trustees in committing to United's 'Give or Get' policy of either giving or fundraising for the charity.
Required Skills and Qualifications Essential (1) At least 2 years’ experience in organization financial management
(2) Undergraduate degree in related field (accountancy, economics, finance etc.)
(3) Knowledge of accountancy software and processes
(4) Ability to dedicate at least 2 hours a week to United Social Ventures Desired Chartered Accountancy Qualification
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'