Salary & Hours: 25K-35k per annum
Monday - Friday: 8am-5pm (40 hours per week)
Key words: Transport Manager, Transport, Logistics, logistical planning, Kent
Our client is looking to appoint a Transport Manager as soon as possible to take a key role in daily logistical planning of 10-15 vehicles (within the UK and EU wide).
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for daily logistical planning of 10-15 vehicles. This may consist of both UK and European traction and freight forwarding. Liaising with existing and new customers to book in loads and secure new work.
This includes, organising schedules and routes, ensuring that vehicles are safe and meet legal requirements and making sure drivers are aware of their duties.
To monitor and plan trailer/vehicle maintenance as and when required in accordance with scheduled PMI`s and services.
Undertake and maintain health and safety records in accordance with current industry compliance including Silver FORS standards.
To undertake marketing on behalf of the company to attract new customers and provide fully costed quotations.
Skills and Experience
• The successful candidate will ideally have several years` experience of working within the transport industry and of working in a busy and pressured office environment.
• Excellent communication skills with an ability to liaise effectively with drivers, customers, work colleagues and members of the public is a requirement. A very professional telephone manner is essential to the role.
• Good problem solving skills and be able to adapt to a changing environment at short notice. Furthermore they would need to think logically, be flexible with an ability to make decisions quickly.
• Must be safety conscious with a full knowledge of the transport operations and maintenance in relation to the vehicles, drivers hours and route planning.
• Strong organisational skills for planning schedules, journeys and loads with good geographical knowledge.
• Excellent budget handling skills.
• You must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
- Transport Manager