Our Client has a great opportunity for Trainee Production Planner to join their growing business
Principal areas of Responsibility (after suitable training)
Maintain schedule of jobs for each machine so as to:
- Ensure delivery of completed jobs on time
- Maximise machine running hours
- Take advantage of efficiencies between jobs
Import of new jobs into planning system and allocation to machinery
Daily revisions to the manufacturing schedule to reflect changing circumstances and new priorities.
Maintain long term plan with jobs allocated to likely production windows.
Generation of capacity information including:
- Determination of whether new work can be accommodated a short notice
- Determination of lead times
- Identification of capacity issues as new jobs are loaded.
Maintain detailed view of status of components required for jobs to go live including:
- Prior conversion operations
Liaison with suppliers to progress material and other deliveries required for production.
Develop detailed knowledge of machinery to enable:
- Refinement of running data
- Utilise interchangeability of jobs between machines
- Identify problem jobs
Liaison with transport department to provide details for daily load planning.
Qualifications / Experience
The ideal candidate will:
- Be enthusiastic and willing to learn new skills
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be capable of careful analysis and logical decision making
- Have good IT skills
Salary will be reviewed after 12 weeks
Premier Placement Services Ltd are acting as an Employment business for these Vacancies
For a list of all our current vacancies please visit our website - www.pps4jobs.com
- Computer Literate