Role: Trainee Operations Manager
At Ace Recruitment we specialise in the Waste Management and Recycling Sector. We offer bespoke waste management recruitment solutions and provide an excellent service for our candidates. Ace Recruitment offers a range of Waste management jobs and positions all the way up to Director level, not only for permanent positions but also for temporary waste management and contract jobs too.
An International Waste and Resource Management Company.
Purpose and Responsibilities
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Trainee Operations Manager with our client, a leading international waste and resource management company. Our client is looking for an experienced Shift Supervisor ready to take the next step in their career. The position will involve on and off the job relevant training in order to perform managerial duties effectively and safely.
What this position Includes:
- Working in a range of areas within the depot to better understand its functions.
- Supporting and taking responsibility of operational management within the site.
- Ensuring the depot is operating within all relevant laws, licences and company policy.
- Ensuring compliance by staff and visitors of all health, safety and environmental procedures and policies.
- Project management – overseeing machine installations and civil construction projects.
- Working with the Finance team to set budgets.
- Assisting in the management of profit and loss to achieve targets.
- Planning staff deployment, rotas and annual leave.
- Assisting in disciplinary procedures with HR support.
- Interviewing, inducting new starters, developing and monitoring staff objectives, training and progress.
You’ll also have:
- Experience in one of the following industries; transport, waste, aggregates, recycling, construction, environmental or depot/yard environments.
- Previous leadership experience.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to prioritise workloads and work to deadlines.
- Flexible to meet business priorities, remaining calm under pressure.
- Organised, safety conscious, physically fit and motivated.
- Awareness of how to operate safely and effectively in a large industrial environment.
- Willingness to learn and undertake training.
- Comfortable working outside.
- Availability to work Saturday mornings.
- Waste Management/Transport/Recycling/Aggregate Industry Experience: 2 years minimum
- Previous Managerial/Supervisor Experience: 2 Years Minimum
Required licence or certification:
- A full, clean UK Driving Licence - Essential
- Any Waste Management Qualifications - Advantageous
Candidates without the mentioned experience will not be considered for this position. Please read the specification carefully to avoid disappointment.
By applying for this position, the job seeker, authorise Ace Recruitment to represent you to clients and seek work on your behalf.
Due to a high volume of applications we can only make contact with successful applicants.
By applying for this role you accept the iProfile terms and conditions (terms) and agree to receive email notification of other suitable jobs
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job