Tooling Engineer – Automotive
Due to promotion, an enthusiastic and skilled Tooling Engineer is required for an established and successful Tier1 manufacturer based within The South East of the country.
Ideal location –Hungerford, Newbury, Didcot, Basingstoke, Marlborough, Reading
Excellent Basic Salary + Bonus + Superb Benefits
Our client is an established leading Manufacturer of Engineered products. As part of a global group they have a brand leading portfolio and a reputation built on excellent product development and service levels.
To assist with their continued growth they now require a further member of the Engineering team.
Ideally HNC qualified in a mechanical / production based subject, you will be Computer literate with understanding of PC systems (MS – Word/Excel/Project/PowerPoint/Lotus Notes and Internet etc).
And have skills in:
- Pro Engineer, Creo design software literate.
- Advanced Product Quality planning awareness.
- PFMEA awareness
- Problem Solving Skills – 6 sigma, 8-D, 3 x 5Why, Ishakowa, Fish bone diagram, Design of
- SPC Techniques.
- Lean Manufacturing Techniques
- Project Management.
- TS16949 / ISO14001 / ISO 18001 requirements
- Tooling Design Experience
- Press Tooling etc.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, the purpose of this role is the design, improvement and control of tools, jigs and fixtures to support the manufacturing processes and New Product Introductions. To achieve world class levels of operational efficiency, product quality and lowest piece part manufacturing cost.
- Daily involvement with manufacturing to support customer and company requirements regarding delivery, quality and efficiency.
- Pro-active involvement in New Product Introduction, advising on and designing / implementing tooling to support lean manufacturing systems including error proof detection and measurement methods.
- Identification, based on investigative data, of tooling improvements which will benefit the company and/or its customers.
- Project Management / participation in internal process improvements including Kaizan and cost reduction.
- Participation in risk reduction activities i.e. PFMEA.
- Participation in DFMEA’s ensuring product design is suitable for manufacture.
- Preparation of tool, jig and fixture designs to satisfactorily meet product, machinery and tooling requirement specifications for internal / external manufacture and build.
- Lead responsibility for the ordering of all tooling for New Product Introduction and serial production, including spares.
This role would suit a candidate with the following skills/experience –
Tooling Engineer, Creo, Pro-Engineer, Pro-E
Gary is an ethical IRP registered recruiter and will deal with your application in strict confidence. If your application is successful, you will be contacted directly by Gary and he will talk you through in detail the full company role and specifics.
JOB REF 2825 GH
Glen Callum Associatesare a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.
By applying for this role you accept the Jobzooma terms and conditions (terms) and agree to receive email notification of other suitable jobs
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job