Purpose of the Role:
- To manage a team of Third Party Handlers with a blend of property damage and personal injury capability.
- To drive forward the objective to manage claims effectively, including assessing the liability position in order to deliver the right outcome for our Customers and Haven Insurance.
- To lead by example & endorse the company behaviours and values
- Responsibility for staff performance management, training and development to maximise efficiency and quality output in line with department KPI’s & Objectives
- To achieve first class technical and quality claims handling within the Third Party Team.
- To maximise Policyholder use of our network for repairs, hire and Solicitors on both fault and non-fault claims to drive a positive customer journey.
- To maximise the team's capture of Third Party injuries, repair and hire claims by way of intervention on fault claims.
- To ensure that a fully effective leakage control programme is in place with particular focus on liability decision making, Credit Hire management and litigation.
- To utilise internal & external companies to gain as much information on each claim as possible to make a timely liability decision.
- Complaints handling, dealing as first level complaints handler capable of resolving the majority of complaints generated on the team to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Undertaking handler audits of a minimum of 5 file audits per handler per month highlighting trends, training and development needs along with driving integral data within the claim file and prompt correct liability decision making.
- Conduct daily audits on payment requests ensuring the business processes and models are being adhered to as well as ensuring sound liability decision making.
- To participate in the design, development and implementation of new claims management process improvements and assist with the design and delivery of training.
- Participation in the supplier management process when required.
- Ensure the team's service levels to all customers are in line with set standards.
- Ensure the effective management of inbound call handling philosophies are adhered to.
- Manage a tight recovery process within the team on all monies owed.
- Drive adherence to relevant referral processes within the team.
Application of Technical Knowledge
- Be the main technical referral point for the team with the ability to display a thorough knowledge on areas of indemnity, liability, personal injury, recovery and quantifying claims.
- Maximise the imparting of technical knowledge to the team by way of mentoring and coaching
- Accountability for team's performance against set accountabilities in our delegated authority with Haven Insurance, including but not limited to, communication management, audit and service levels.
- Effectively manage the workflow of the team's portfolio in regards to fie schedules and diary.
- Endorse and drive company values and behaviours
- Performance management of staff, dealing with all aspects of people management including absence, holidays, time management, monthly one to one meetings, training and development, disciplinary procedures and staff welfare.
- To conduct regular huddles ensuring that all process and strategic changes are communicated and understood.
- Ensure capability of all team members by conducting regular audits
- Conducting staff bi-annual performance reviews.
- Target driven and highly motivated self starter
- Proficient complaints handling capability
- Clear, focused and determined approach to problem solving
- Authoritative manner with ability to listen
- Strong technical experience
- Persuasive, strong and confident negotiation skills
- Mature approach with the ability to command the respect of the team
- People Management experience essential
- A minimum of 4 years motor claims experience or transferable relevant skills
- Cert CII qualified or working towards
- Proven ability to manage and develop people
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'