6 months contract - Full Time - Competitive
Acorn Recruitment is working on behalf of a well-established international company whose focus is on the design and manufacture of advanced satellites and systems for telecommunications, earth observation, and navigation and science programmes
We are currently seeking a Test Engineer at the Stevenage facility on a 6 months contract.
A challenging role undertaking a full range of engineering activities within the environmental test skill area, where the primary role is to configure, instrument and undertake test operations on space equipment using specialist Thermal Vacuum, Climatic, Vibration and Shock testing facilities to meet customer quality test standards and requirements.
*Use of facilities to achieve test specification requirements.
*Design and manufacture of bespoke test setups and tooling.
*Mechanical operations on test facilities to support desired test setup.
*Review and analysis of post test data.
*Compiling of test data, producing test certification and reports.
*Responsible for the production of local documentation (LDS).
*Maintain test instrumentation, facilities and equipment.
*Ensure the adherence to 5S cleanroom disciplines and practices. Ensuring a safe working environment.
*Support internal and external audits.
*Liaise with internal and external customers about their projects.
*Responsible for delivering On Time, On Cost and On Quality.
*Working knowledge within test environment.
*Knowledge of the electrical / mechanical testing of high value high precision assemblies.
*Understanding and practical application of Health & Safety regulations.
* Computer Literacy - especially in Microsoft office software.
* Engineering knowledge - the ability to understand and use both mechanical and electrical formulae (resistances, currents, power values, theoretical loads and bending moments).
* Understanding of technical documents (drawings, procedures, technical notes)
Understand general engineering practices utilised in the Aerospace industry.
* A professional attitude and can work well in a team
* Be prepared to be flexible in working hours, the test lab covers 24hours a day so ability to cover varying shifts is essential.
* Self-motivated and able to learn quickly through on-the-job experience.
* Understanding of Space environmental conditions would be an advantage.
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
* Knowledge of Vibration, Shock, Vacuum & Climatic test techniques/systems
* Knowledge of Test & Measurement Instrumentation methods.
* Knowledge in stress analysis.
* Knowledge of signal processing/analysis
* To be willing and adaptable to learn new skills
* A minimum of an engineering based HNC/HND OR a minimum of 3 years test engineering experience.
* Theoretical and practical knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical testing within either an automated or manual test environment, with competent software skills.
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
- Test Engineering
- Technical Documents
- Technical Notes