Excellent Opportunity to work with a Stoke-on-Trent based organisation that is involved in building complex data management and software products for well-known companies around the world.
Through the growth of their Engineering department, they have an excellent opportunity for a Test Engineer / Software Tester to join the Application Quality Management team.
Duties will include:
- Understanding, reviewing and writing test scripts & plans to support the deployment of products
- Provide risk assessment, approval and co-ordination of changes to the product
- Provide a flexible approach to testing whilst performing key functional, regression and manual testing as part of application development lifecycle.
- To be aware of the potential impact of new developments and to ensure a thorough understanding of product and risk assessment
- Having an excellent eye for detail and the ability to identify potential threats which may affect the functionality.
- The ability to give a decision that following rigorous testing the product is now ready to go live.
- Ability to contribute to continuous improvement forums.
The ideal applicant will have:
- Experience of relational databases, with experience of SQL Server
- Experience in using a defect tracking tool such as JIRA
- An ability to log defects in a clear, concise and informative manner
- Accomplished communication skills and an ability to converse with a variety of internal and external users both technical and non-technical
- Flexibility around working hours predominantly around release dates
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance and to drive forward innovations
- Self-development skills to keep up to date with fast-changing trends
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a variety of team structures (e.g. testing teams, agile teams)
- Ability to establish priorities and manage multiple activities to meet strict deadlines
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework
Beneficial / Advantageous skills:
- Experience of running and writing automated test scripts.
- Experience of .NET coding particularly C#
- ISTQB qualification
Industry Leading Benefits - · 25 Days holiday + 8 bank holidays · Employers pension contribution · Free parking · Childcare Vouchers
- Data Management
- Manual Testing
- Test Scripts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'