Our market leading client are recruiting for a technical writer to take full ownership of their projects to design, develop and deliver the required learning deliverables, such as user guides, online help and topics for support websites. This includes all necessary project management and communication activities, such as working with required SMEs, setting up meetings and managing workload and schedules.
- Take ownership of projects varying in size and complexity, from start to finish, to produce quality learning materials that are delivered on time. This includes all necessary planning, scheduling activities and execution of the full development process. In some cases this may even include delegating some of the workload to other writers and instructional designers, and managing their progress, to complete the project.
- Build working relationships with fellow writers and instructional designers, trainers, coordinators, product managers, product definition and other colleagues.
- When required, provide guidance and coaching to other writers.
- Analyse assigned products, audiences and workflows to produce a learning needs analysis document. This document must contain all learning topics - such as tasks, concepts and reference information - required by all audience types in scope for the project.
- Design online help structure and content mapping appropriate for the audience and their needs.
- Design document structures appropriate for the audience and their needs..
- For both new material and updates, plan and write comprehensive and concise content in the topic-based approach to fulfill the user needs.
- Write all content in a way that will facilitate maximum re-use for the creation of learning solutions.
- Research and actively pursue information required, including draft feedback, and drive project activities within a team environment to ensure timely delivery of learning solutions.
- Using project priorities discussed with your team manager, balance your workload to manage multiple projects and deliverables to deliver on time.
- Highly organised
- Previous experience in similar role
- Excellent written English Skills
- Must come from technical writing background