Technical Product Owner
As we evolve into a truly digital company, Vodafone Group Technology spans across the entire Vodafone footprint and drives our technology advancements, to enable us to be the best and most secure in unified communications. We empower our consumer and enterprise customers to be confidently and securely connected. Our unique capabilities create the best voice and data to our customers and continue our advancement in the Internet of Things (IOT), BIG Data, Cybersecurity, Cloud & Hosting, TV and Video. We’re heading to an exciting future – fancy being part of our Vodafone Gigabit growth?
Within the world of Mobile Communication, technology is a key enabler. A consistent part of Vodafone success is based on the implementation and delivery of advanced and innovative services to its customers. Within Vodafone Group Technology, Infotainment has the responsibility to develop and deploy strategic consumer services across the markets focussing on customer engagement, 3rd party integration for consumer services and Customer Identity solutions. Vodafone Partner Offers is the key enabler platform for integration of 3rd parties and global payment solutions offering capabilities like charge to bill, subscription management and partner provisioning.
In line with the Vodafone governance process, the Technical Product Manager works closely with Commercial product owners in both Group and Vodafone operating companies to drive the vision and execution of the product and align the product roadmap and individual priorities for new product features, enhancements and improvements.
Management of requirements will be in close collaboration with the Solution Designer to effectively communicate the requirement. Work with the Delivery Manager for the priority and timescales.
You will need a strong understanding of the technologies and business rules within the product suite stack to allow effective technical communication to the design, delivery and development teams. The teams can be Vodafone Group staffed teams, offshore staffed teams, local markets staffed teams as well as external partners, vendors deemed necessary to achieve success. You will also need to effectively communicate, at a suitable level to non-technical stakeholders outside of technology group.
You will need to be able to evangelise the product suite, its capabilities, acting in a pre-sales function to internal and external commercial and technical parties. Providing additional information, support and suitably focused documentation to bring customers into the domain.
The Product Owner role must provide leadership and direction to the overall solution and delivery team in a matrix environment. A key element of the role is to ensure efficient communication between various stakeholders, spanning all organisational levels both internal to Vodafone and external partners and suppliers. The technical product owner has to support the Principal manager to map the strategy for the proposition into deliverables. Clearly successful expectation management is required to foster a supportive management structure and escalation path to ensure success is shared organisationally.
You will be responsible for:
• managing the relationship with Global Commercial product owner, aligning on Roadmap and priorities for new features and enhancements / improvements.
• building a winning project team and support the project team in delivering within the allocated time and agreed quality levels.
• driving key business decisions on make-or-buy, vendor selection, delivery and operational model for the new product or service as well as Supporting Product Managers with product roadmap planning.
• identifying, managing and resolving dependencies, risks and issues on all layers (technical & organisational) which could affect the successful delivery.
• managing upwards and act as central SPOC for status and issue reporting.
• Strong leader for distributed international teams across one or more projects and subprojects.
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Ability to balance conflicting interests and lead discussions and escalations properly
• Ability to act as central SPOC for status and issue reporting.
• Ability to share and present project status, findings, improvements and other topics in a suitable form with the management team and bigger audiences.
• Understand the organisational context and ensure that the vision and execution of the roadmap is executed in the best possible methodology. Ensure that methodologies are commonly agreed and aligns different work streams in a consistent, coherent way.
• Strong technical skill set aligned with the domain business knowledge.
• Deep knowledge of software development projects and delivery in agile and classic delivery
• Experienced handling 3rd parties including selection process, initial setup, financial negotiations and controlling delivery.
What’s in it for you?
We’ll help you be the best you can be, with dedicated support and mentoring, plenty of opportunity to develop and progress – plus a solid dedication to work-life balance. It all means you’ll have everything you need to advance your career, and achieve your full potential.
As well as a generous basic salary, annual company bonus, you also have 28 day’s holiday, company pension scheme, Life Insurance, product discounts and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
Do you want to Learn more?
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click now to apply.
Please advise if you require any alterations or adjustments to support you through our recruitment process. If so please contact us at