ParkerSteel is the largest steel stockholder & processor in the UK and has been successfully trading in the engineering and steel industry for over 100 years. As a family run business, we are focused on continuous innovation and improvements that are implemented collaboratively with our staff. Our company has rapidly grown due to the investment in technology and our staff. At the heart of our business, is ensuring our staff are motivated, engaged and developing. All our staff members undergo continuous training and development programmes to help them gain new skills, recognised certificates and the opportunities to further their career with us. As well as free training and development opportunities all our staff have access to a great variety of high street and online discounts via our PerkBox staff scheme.
If you would like to join a vibrant, progressive and innovative company, we have an exciting opportunity for a proactive, self-motivated individual to join our busy Technical department at our Canterbury site.
This role will assist in the Drafting and planning of Flat product processing machines and will work closely with the sales teams, processing and transport departments, to ensure work is Drawn and Production Nests created to ensure customer satisfaction is maximised,
The ideal candidate will need to have the following experience / skills:
• 2D & 3D CAD Qualified to a minimum of HNC
• Ability to produce clear and informative production drawings, and technical information
• Excellent time management skills
• Focused and diligent
• Work systematically to ensure completion of tasks to meet deadlines and clients expectations
• Communicate and represent company well
• Be a team player with the ability to work under pressure.
Additional Desirable skills
• Previous experience of Solidworks, Trumpf software, Sigmanest, Steel Projects
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
The Job works on a rolling shift pattern the following shift Pattern
• 2 weeks 7.00 - 16.00
• 2 weeks 10.00 - 19.00
• 1 Saturday in 4 contracted.
Up to £30k - dependent on the experience of the candidate,
• Holiday: 20 days pa
• Company pension
• Life insurance
• Employee discounts scheme at Parker Tools
• Child Care Voucher scheme