Location: Media City, Manchester
Salary: £35 - 40k, DOE
Contract: Full time - Permanent
Immotion brings together world-class CGI experts, award-winning content creators, amazing storytellers and state-of-the-art motion platform technology to provide customers with immersive 'out-of-home’ experiences.
Formed from the merger of Studio Liddell - a Manchester-based CGI studio, and C2K - Los Angeles based filmmakers, Immotion combines over 40 years of experience in storytelling, content creation, advertising, art direction and communications.
We are looking for highly motivated, talented and reliable staff to join our friendly team.
Technical Artists - The Role:
Immotion has vacancies for Full time, permanent Tech Artists;
We have a number of VR experience projects with wide ranging content and are looking for Tech artists to provide the link between our Games Artists and Developers.
You will be based at our prestigious new offices in Media City, Manchester.
- Although mainly supervisory, you will also at time be expected to create assets yourself as required.
- You will be proficient and able to lead in terms of lighting, rendering, texturing and shading and be proficient in the usual 3D packages.
- Acting as a bridge between the Artists and Programmers working on a game
- Ensuring art assets can be easily integrated into a game without sacrificing the artistic vision or exceeding the platform’s technical limits
- Investigating new techniques, implementing them and training the team
- Anticipating what your team will require to form an efficient streamlined approach and suggesting ways to work efficiently are all part of the role.
- Overseeing feedback and solving problems as the job progresses.
Technical Artists - To do this role, you will need to:
- A degree in a relevant visual art or technical subject, an advantage
- Able to show technical proficiency in areas such as lighting and rendering, texturing, and graphics-related programming languages such as shaders
- Good people management and communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of art packages ranging from modelling to texturing and special effects
- Able to customise art packages so that they are as streamlined as possible for specific projects
- Able to work well as part of a team
- Good communication and people management skills, in order to train and mentor others
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations
- Knowledge of console hardware architecture
- Highly skilled in the use of 3D graphics software
- Able to anticipate the needs of the artists so as to streamline their productivity
- Knowledge of the requirements of the relevant health and safety legislation and procedures
- We work in Unity and UE4 so experience of these tools a requirement
Please provide a link to your work, and a cover letter detailing bit about yourself, your skills and experience.
If you have the skills and experience required, as detailed above, please click on APPLY and forward you’re up to date CV for consideration.
No Agencies please.
- Visual art
- Virtual reality