Strategic Account Manager
Do you like supporting customer success through innovative cloud based solutions and solving technical problems? Are you interested in being part of the future of enterprise scale employee engagement SaaS technologies? Do you have a passion for technology and the consultative and organizational skills to drive client success?
SilkRoad is looking for a highly-motivated Strategic Account Manager to join our expanding business and provide customers with architectural guidance and technical leadership. As a key member of the SilkRoad team, the Strategic Account Manager acts as an extension of the client’s team, working to ensure the highest level of satisfaction with their clients’ use of SilkRoad SaaS solutions. This is a highly visible role and crucial to SilkRoad's success.
The Strategic Account Manager's basic responsibilities include: acting as a trusted advisor, owning ongoing technical engagement with assigned clients and resolving their technical issues; providing clients with HR system and employee engagement best practice solution strategies; proactively identifying SilkRoad technical solutions in support of initiatives related to your clients’ growth and business strategies, including ongoing system maintenance, administrative maintenance, and user adoption; and developing a deep expertise in SilkRoad technologies. As the primary technical contact in your assigned clients, you will also be the customer technical liaison, collaborating with SilkRoad sales, support and development teams.
The ideal candidate will possess great multi-tasking skills, excellent technical credentials, an effective, collaborative communication style and, most importantly, a consultative approach to addressing human resource and employee engagement system related needs.
Essential duties include:
- Develops and maintains a strong understanding of the customer’s business goals, challenges and upcoming needs; manages client expectations
- Assumes role as point-of-contact for day to day customer engagement and all additional SilkRoad Customer Support or Services needs (i.e. solution expansion, questions, etc.);
- Investigates technical problems, coordinate with development engineers to diagnose problems and take corrective actions for customers;
- Encourages customer feedback to record field notes and captures ideas that will help drive the development of our products and services
- Develops project plans, issue logs, and communicate status to internal and external teams
- Provides user adoption sessions such as tips & tricks, and webinars;
- Captures and documents all feedback in Salesforce.com for reporting purposes;
- Identify customer escalations, project issues or risks and present best practices and/or alternatives to alleviate or resolve
- Highly efficient team (virtual) player, with the ability to also work independently to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Consulting experience either as an internal consultant or with a consulting/software company.
- Working knowledge with at least one of the following business areas: Recruiting/Talent Acquisition, Onboarding, Performance Management, Learning Management Systems
- Professional Services or SaaS industry experience a plus
- Strong professional customer orientation with excellent work ethic, dedication, and attention to detail
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills; drive to assist others;
- This position requires up to 5-10% travel to attend customer and internal meetings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present to technical and non-technical audiences
- Customer Support
- Customer Success
- Technical Liaison
- Consultative Approach