We provide a range of environments for those who need extra support to live independently, from young people and those with disabilities, to the elderly in extra care schemes. Our strength lies in the quality of our people and we employ those who share our aims.
Team Leader – Part Time
Baskeyfield House, Stoke On Trent
£9.33 per hour
24 hours per week - including on-call rota and alternative weekends
Why work for us?
Extra care services provide comfort, independence and peace of mind. Residents live independently, safe in the knowledge that support is available should they need it. Residents live on-site with communal facilities creating an environment where they can enjoy healthy, active, and independent lifestyles in their later years.
We are seeking a Team Leader to make a real difference to the lives of our residents. Baskeyfield House consists of purpose-built, independent living apartments that are ideal for adults over 55 who need access to personalised care and support. If you want to make a positive impact to people’s lives, this is a rewarding opportunity to come and work within an established and experienced team.
To find out more about Baskeyfield House please click here
The role of Team Leader will include:
- Supervising and supporting a team of care and support workers
- Assessing service users needs
- Managing and monitoring care and support plans to ensure a high standard of care and support is offered
- Managing the development of staff to ensure skilled staff are available to meet business needs
- Identifying and reporting hazards and faults, completing risk assessments and ensuring equipment is kept in working order
- On call duties
Skills and experiences:
- Proven experience in a care and support environment is essential
- Previous experience in a staff supervision role is desirable
- Good interpersonal and customer care skills
- Experience with working to deadlines and prioritising work loads
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 28 days paid holiday (including public holidays) pro rata
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save on buying a new bike to cycle to work or on a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent for this role is 37.5 hours per week
To view the job profile click here
Closing Date: 19 April 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities.