Exciting opportunity for a Buyer to join this global Manufacturing business to minimise material spend
Your new company
Exciting opportunity for a Buyer to join this global Manufacturing business to minimise material spend, based in Hertfordshire
Your new role
- Evaluate and act upon the MRP requirements and Kanban levels for assigned commodities.
- Negotiate pricing and lead times on non standard items or for large projects with suppliers
- Objectively measure and communicate Supplier performance to support Supply Chain continuous improvement initiatives.Interface with Suppliers, Quality, Strategic Sourcing and Engineering to quickly resolve quality, delivery or cost issues
- Drive increased inventory turns, reduced cycle times and improved Customer OTD by developing, implementing and managing pull-based material replenishment processes, including but not limited to Kanban cars, vendor managed inventory and supplier consignment stock
- Provide effective support to new product introduction teams, proposal development and subcontracting opportunities as they develop
- Expedite / de-expedite materials when appropriate to effectively control inventory levels and demand requirements
What you'll need to succeed
- Prior experience implementing and managing a Kanban or Pull system approach to component flow
- Knowledge of supplier performance management practices, including supplier scorecards and performance metrics
- Direct experience of working with suppliers from low cost regions (India, China, Eastern Europe etc.)
- Direct experience implementing lean concepts (value stream mapping, kaizen leaderships,5S, etc.)
- Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma Green belt and CIPS certifications highly desirable
What you'll get in return
Salary up to £40,000 + Benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'