Permanent full time Support Workers are required to join our client’s vibrant and experienced team within their care homes in Reading. We are interested in hearing from individuals who are caring, conscientious and committed to making a real difference in social care.
Successful candidates will use a person-centred approach to support service users in a residential setting with activities both internal and external to the home, personal care and to attend healthcare appointments.
As you will be working within the home of vulnerable adults who can exhibit challenging behaviour, you will receive a comprehensive training package which you will be paid to attend and supported by our client’s experienced senior leaders as you understand the role. The successful candidates will also need to undertake an enhanced DBS check at?no cost to you.
The Role is Shift work: (8pm- 2.15am , 8am -8pm, 2-10pm).
All homes are accessible by public transport
Here are some of the ways you will support our client’s service users:
- Providing the physical, social and emotional care and promoting service user’s rights and dignity at all times.
- Ensuring the service users are encouraged to reach their full potential.
- Accompanying the service users to activities, appointments, education etc.
- Assisting with day to day living tasks such as cooking, cleaning, shopping etc.
- Helping with personal care such as supporting with showering, toileting and dressing.
- Assisting in carrying out individual programmes of care, including the management of complex/challenging behaviour.
- Providing support and opportunities for the service user to develop contact with people outside the service and maximise the service user’s independence.
- Dispensing and recording medication.
- Assisting in the delivery of treatment, training and educational procedures and activities.
- Carrying out approved psychological therapies/programmes.
- Participating in day-to-day meetings and administrative tasks.
What our client are looking for in a successful Support Worker:
- To be able to learn from experiences and change your approach when needed.
- To be a team player.
- To show energy and enthusiasm to provide the best support possible.
- To have motivation and drive to identify overcome obstacles.
- To show understanding of and empathy for everyone, service users and colleagues.
- To be able to have a commitment to personal and professional development.
- Family run small/ medium business that promotes work-life balance and treating each staff member as an individual.
- Generous Pension scheme up to 7%.
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays.
- Length of service rewards given - additional annual leave.
- Free car parking.
- Competitive salary.
- Enhanced pay for working Sunday’s, Christmas, Boxing day, Easter Sunday and other bank holidays.
- Excellent ongoing training.
- Fully paid induction programme.
- Refer a friend bonus.
- Cycle Scheme.
Apply today to find out more on how you can make a positive difference to someone’s life.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'