Gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client, are you looking for a new opportunity within Health and Social care industry or looking to start your career?
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Meldreth, Cambridge/Hertfordshire, near Royston
Hours of work: 4 week rota pattern of 13 shifts Ave 39hrs per week
Salary: £8.75- £9.70ph (linked to competency and qualifications)
Part time hours or flexible shifts are available.
Our client is looking for a number of support workers for one of the UK's leading providers in child care services. Set in the borders of Cambridge and Hertfordshire the site providing education, care and therapeutic support for children and young adults who have severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties and is one of the few services in the country that is also able to support those with complex health needs and associated difficulties.
Duties of a support worker:
- Providing exceptional high levels of care during all daily activities such as washing, dressing, socialising, learning.
- Assisting the young adults during hydrotherapy and rebound therapy sessions.
- Communicating effectively and building strong relationships that will empower the young adults to grow and develop.
- Ensuring that the environment is safe, supportive and enjoyable.
- Independence is promoted wherever is possible, the adults will often run their own days with what they like to do, so you could be helping make things in the sites enterprise scheme, going shopping trips, taking part in forestry lessons or even going to the pub!!
It is a tough yet totally rewarding role. Ultimately we are looking for people with a passion to build relationships and positively change the lives of the children and young adults that we work with. So whilst previous experience would be highly beneficial, its not essential. What's more important to us is that you can demonstrate the right attitude to make a difference.
- Full training and continued support
- Opportunity to study the Level 3 diploma in HSC which will be funded by us!
- Part time hours available if required
- Accommodation if required (subject to availability)
- 30 days' holiday including bank holidays
- Life assurance and pension
- Perk box
- Free parking
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate:
- Willingness to learn and to go the extra mile
- Ability to guide and encourage supportive independence when possible
- Exceptional communication skills and practise
- Resilient with a robust and positive nature
- Ability to work on a rota pattern which will typically include every other weekend
- Have a natural desire to learn and enhance your skill set and a willingness to complete your Level 3 Diploma in HSC.
You will have a chance to work with a supportive team whose common goal is to empower and support wherever is required.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
The client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young adults in our care and is a disability confident and equal opportunities employer.
Closing date is 10/11/2019
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'