Support Worker SEN School - Day or Night Positions
Tempest Resourcing are currently looking for a Support Worker to join SEN school
The school provides education, care and therapeutic support for children and young people age 6-19 years with severe and profound communication difficulties associated with conditions like cerebral palsy, autism, brain injury and degenerative disorders. They may have complex health and sensory needs and associated difficulties that require specialist support to enable them to access a bespoke curriculum. It is one of the few schools in the country that offers this level of highly specialist support.
To provide the highest level of care for the young person you are working with, which includes:
- Personal care needs, (washing dressing, moving and positioning, continence care, support with eating and drinking etc.).
- Social care needs (supporting them to engage in activities they like, either solely or with their peers).
- Supporting young people to attend day activities (skills centre, outings etc.). Ensure individuals, spiritual, cultural and religious choices are met and that they have opportunities to participate in and access community facilities.
- To work appropriately and effectively with other external agencies, family members, friends and advocates.
- To communicate at all times in a polite and professional manner.
- Support and facilitate learning and independence to help children and young people achieve continuous development and growth
- Provide support for a safe, homely environment which reflects the ages and interests of children and young people
- Work with the education team in creating a whole school environment which supports learning from school and into the residential children’s home
- Contribute to planning, implementation and evaluation of care programmes and plans
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with colleagues and others including parents, guardians, social workers and other professionals and agencies as required.
- No qualifications required although Level 3 Diploma in Childcare or equivalent an advantage
If you would like to hear more about the role please apply asap.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'