Supported Living Suppor Worker
Regard Group provides residential care for adults with learning disabilities and autism, who have challenging behaviour.
The people we support need someone who cares and who will help them to live the life they choose and to be happy and healthy
This is at the heart of what it means to be a support worker with us. This is the most vital role within our organisation; it is what our support workers do every day that makes us all proud to be part of Regard Group
Your days will vary depending on who you are supporting, but you will always:
- Give our people truly person-centred support in doing the things they love to do, and in making choices and decisions
- Support them in getting their voice heard
- Enable them to learn, grow and develop to their full potential
- Be compassionate, caring and respectful.
- Treat everyone as an equal
- Support the other people in your team in achieving the team's objectives
- Be resilient when things get difficult, knowing that with your support amazing results are possible
- Strong communication skills, a positive and caring attitude, and a willingness to work as part of a small, committed team are essential.
Previous experience as a support worker / care worker / carer in a similar setting would be a definite advantage. Full training will be given.
- Communication Skills