Residential Home - Learning Disabilities
High Peak - Derbyshire
Permanent - Full time or part time hours available
Starting pay is £7.88 per hour, incremental on completion of probationary period
Do you have a genuine passion to work with individuals with learning disabilities, physical disabilities, complex needs?
Are you looking for your first opportunity as a Support Worker in social care and willing to take on the necessary training and qualifications to succeed?
Perhaps you are an experienced Support Worker who is looking for a new challenge?MRB Health & Social Care Recruitment are recruiting Support Workers on behalf of our client who are a leading Health & Social care provider in the Midlands region. They provide support to over 100 individuals with learning disabilities and complex needs. Their aim is to deliver high quality care and support, enabling individuals to achieve real dreams, goals & aspirations…….
They have enabled some residents to take an overseas holiday, attend swimming lessons and take part in main stream activities.
We are working with our client to recruit Support Workers for their service based in the High Peak, Derbyshire. This is a 24/7 service that provides support to individuals with learning disabilities, autistic spectrum disorders and behaviours that challenge. The service comprises of 5 separate houses, each offering domestic style settings, with a communal living area.
As a Support Worker, you will be required to report to the Manager of the service and work together with your team to provide high standards of care and support to individuals to enable them to live as Independently as possible. You may support clients with personal care if required, assistant with medication or administer where necessary, organise activities, liaise with multi-disciplinary team, families etc.
Our client can offer part time and full-time opportunities, shift patterns consist of:
Earlies 0800 - 1500
Lates 1500 - 2200
There will be a requirement to work two weekends within the month.
What we are looking for in a Support Worker:
- Flexible people who genuinely enjoy working in social care
- Enthusiastic about helping others
- Work to high standard of care in an efficient, kind and respectful manner
- Understand the issues facing those with learning disabilities, mental health problems and complex needs
As a Support Worker, you should be able to demonstrate:
- Flexibility, reliability and integrity
- Qualifications in social care or the willingness to work towards this qualification (NVQ Level 2)
- Listening and responsive skills
- Driving license and own transport desirable not but not essential
- Full and ongoing training will be provided for this role
If you are interested in taking up a new job as a Support Worker, please email your cv immediately quoting reference MB - SUPPORT WORKER - DERBYSHIRE
- Learning Disabilities
- Personal Care
- Social Care
- Autism Spectrum Disorders