ENS Recruitment are currently working in partnership with an Essex based charity, who provide support for children and adults with learning disabilities.
We are currently seeking Support Workers, either part time or full time hours, for their short break service assisting Children with Learning disabilities, based in Billericay.
This is an exciting opportunity within a challenging position. Daily duties will consist of the following -
- Assisting the senior team and other colleagues in providing for the individual needs of the service users
- Ensuring each person is encouraged to develop their own individuality and independence
- This includes providing assistance with accessing leisure facilities, bathing, dressing, assistance at mealtimes etc.
- To assist service users in accessing community facilities, which may occasionally involve lone working
- Delivery of meaningful, innovative daily, structured activity sessions plus learning experiences to service users and carers
- Ensuring accurate records are maintained in agreed formats and are available.
- Ensuring the service users safety through careful and continual supervision
- Supporting and co-operating with relatives and other significant people in the lives of the service users
This position will cover days, both early and late shifts, also alternate weekends. You will need to have flexibility with your working hours to fit the needs of the service.
The ideal candidate for this position will have -
- NVQ Level 3 Health and Social Care or the desire to study towards this
- Experience within a similar environment
- Proven experience of working with Children with learning disabilities
If you feel this is the right role for you please do not hesitate to apply. For further details please contact Kirsty at ENS Recruitment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job