Job Title: Support Worker
Location: Watford, Barnet and Hatfield - Hertfordshire
Support Worker Job Purpose: Providing care to Client’s, within their own accommodation, by developing, monitoring, evaluating and supporting care and facilities.
Support Worker Job Duties:
- Meeting Client’s and their families to inform them of the role of the Support Worker; commencing the support plan; offering information regarding procedures, complaints, and the continuing care process.
- Participating in interdisciplinary meetings to develop support plans in conjunction with other agencies; ensuring smooth support plan advancement; promoting peer support; educating colleagues on client management practises.
- Carrying out and documenting care and progress towards desired support outcomes; identifying and correcting digression from the documented plan of support; reviewing progress with client’s in conjunction with the principal care provider; working alongside external professionals to expedite tests, procedures, and consultations; reporting staff and performance concerns to the manager; maintaining effective communication with all staff
- Measuring effectiveness of plan by evaluating the results of care with the interdisciplinary team; providing care improvement recommendations.
- Act in accordance with the companies and legal requirements; maintain standards of care that comply to the values of the company and observance of CQC, (KLOE) regulations.
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Maintaining Client confidentiality and respecting the rights of Clients.
- Recording Client information in the Client care database
Skills/Qualifications: Verbal Communication, Person Centred Services, Conflict Resolution, Relationship Building, Coordination, Listening, Teamwork. Diploma in Health and Social Care level 2 or above.
- Health Care
- Social Care
- Continuing Care
- Personal assistant