This is an excellent opportunity for Support Workers to work with children and young people with special needs in a caring, educational environment. I am currently recruiting full time Support Workers with the passion for providing high quality care for children and young people with learning difficulties. The job is paid £9 - £12 depending on experience.
- To create in conjunction with other members of staff a caring, safe and acceptable atmosphere in which growth and independence are fostered by the maintenance of a supportive and positive role.
- To undertake specific tasks with individuals or groups as directed by the line manager or other senior staff members.
- To ensure that all relevant information relating to the students (e.g. concerning behaviour, personal development, medical incidents etc.) is relayed to appropriate staff members and recorded in accordance with policy and procedures.
- To support at all times the long term aim for student independence by encouraging the growth of these skills, but to nonetheless assist, when appropriate, with the physical and personal care of the students.
- To attend appropriate in-service training as required by the job role.
- To participate in various recreational, educational and social activities and to accompany students either to other areas of the site or off site for scheduled meetings or activities.
- To be able to provide consistency of care and support to the student group
- Ability to interact with a range of people/young people
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise and respond to differing demands as required
- Knowledge of young people who have complex and multiple learning disabilities including challenging behaviour
Benefits for you:
- Regular working hours through recruitment agency
- 52 weeks or term time only contracts
- Opportunity to work for a well known organisation
The mission is to create better futures for young lives with epilepsy and associated conditions and to enable children and young people with epilepsy and associated conditions to develop their full potential.
If you wish to be part of the successful team and make the difference in people's life please apply with your CV or call Dorota today on
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job